Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

* tC : Gauge Cluster LED Conversion Guide by LEDmod.com

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 02:22 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Bump
Old 04-21-2013, 04:47 AM
5 Year Member

Smile

Hello all. Been browsing this forum for a while and finally decided to join. Love this place by the way and excellent write-up. I did my gauges today and thought I would share the results. I did this using LED's I bought on e-bay and without having changed the resistors. I am going to end up getting the reverse LED eventually, but haven't yet. I'm also planing on painting my interior pieces (waterfall, gauge cluster cover, vents, etc). I'll post more pics as I complete them. I haven't done my hvac yet, but I will be doing that soon.

Before my swap

Name:  20130420_135802_zps73657da8.jpg
Views: 583
Size:  30.2 KB

After my swap.

Name:  20130420_175732_zps9a338f54.jpg
Views: 607
Size:  35.4 KB
Old 04-25-2013, 11:17 PM

anyone in md that can do this i have had the kit for about 2 years now really want it on my scion
Old 05-29-2013, 03:36 AM

Anybody in San Antonio, TX or anywhere South Texas that can do this? Really want to do a swap in my tc
Old 06-01-2013, 03:56 PM

What's someones price on this?

Blue LED swap just like the picture someone posted above.

I'm located in Cleveland, Ohio.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:43 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by willie0503
Hello all. Been browsing this forum for a while and finally decided to join. Love this place by the way and excellent write-up. I did my gauges today and thought I would share the results. I did this using LED's I bought on e-bay and without having changed the resistors. I am going to end up getting the reverse LED eventually, but haven't yet. I'm also planing on painting my interior pieces (waterfall, gauge cluster cover, vents, etc). I'll post more pics as I complete them. I haven't done my hvac yet, but I will be doing that soon.

Before my swap

After my swap.

Wow! Looks really clean man
Old 11-05-2013, 12:36 PM

Is there anyone in the Ny area that could do this for me? I'm daring...but I dont wanna ____ it up lol. :?
Old 01-16-2014, 07:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Is there a video on setting the needles back into position?
Old 01-19-2014, 06:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DaTRican
Is there a video on setting the needles back into position?
I remember seeing a video on YouTube so try searching there. I did my own swap and pretty much got lucky when I mounted my needles back on.

They're all aligned and stops where they should be. It took a few tries, but I loosely mounted them, moved them back till I felt resistance and then pushed them down. I hope that made sense.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:28 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by willie0503

Before my swap

After my swap.

Wow, that is gorgeous, great job! I love your color choices. You're lucky you're able to use different color LEDs so close to each other. When I had mine done in my I30 there was too much bleeding and I had to stick to one color for the whole cluster. Here's what mine looks like:

Before: (95/96 Maxima SE stock gauges)
Name:  56fb278b.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  21.0 KB

After:
Name:  637df389.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  42.0 KB
Old 01-21-2014, 12:08 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours...

Originally Posted by girlsdriveboosted07
anyone in md that can do this i have had the kit for about 2 years now really want it on my scion
You literally took the words right out of my mouth. I've also had my LEDs for about 2-3 years now. I bought them thinking I could do it myself. I wanted Blue lines with White numbers and Blue/White needles (Can't decide). After seeing the size of those LEDs I reconsidered and they've been sitting in my dresser drawer waiting for the money/time/convenience to get them done. I've got the LEDs to swap the cluster, HVAC, and stock radio to match.

I'm in Southern MD atm (Navy) but I travel to PA to see family often so anywhere in between would be superb! Let me know and thanks in advance.
Old 01-21-2014, 04:10 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Raven_Nyx
Is there anyone in the Ny area that could do this for me? I'm daring...but I dont wanna ____ it up lol. :?
^^This!! +1 hahaha yeah I love the way this looks and the orange is kind of annoying... id change in a heart beat, but don't want to screw it up... just my luck!!
Old 03-01-2014, 05:51 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I did my own led swap today! It was the first time I ever soldered anything. It was pretty straight forward. I love my new look!
It's kind of hard to see but the lcd screen is red and so are the turn signals here's another pic with the lights dimmed
don't mind the needles I'm changing them soon!
Old 03-10-2014, 05:52 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Following for when I decide to man up and do this!!!
Old 03-10-2014, 07:13 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Did my hvac
Old 12-07-2014, 09:05 PM

Did my led swap
Attached Thumbnails * tC : Gauge Cluster LED Conversion Guide by LEDmod.com-20141207_165938.jpg  
Old 12-16-2014, 11:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

If I use another gauge cluster from another tC will my odometer still read the same? I need to use my car everyday for work and I figure that if I could get a hold of another gauge cluster I could do a swap on that and not worry about having my car down.
Old 12-20-2014, 12:14 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by DaTRican
Did my hvac
I still have to do my HVAC and I wanna add slightly higher resistors to my cluster swap. I have the lights for the HVAC, just haven't had a chance to do it yet. I'm also planning on painting the "waterfall" and the accents on my doors, but haven't done that either. lol I work a LOT.
Old 12-20-2014, 12:28 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by 95maxrider
Wow, that is gorgeous, great job! I love your color choices. You're lucky you're able to use different color LEDs so close to each other. When I had mine done in my I30 there was too much bleeding and I had to stick to one color for the whole cluster.
That would have been an issue with mine too... had I used 2 different LED colors. Every one of my LEDs are white except for the turn signal lights and the Odo backlights. I used a blue plastic sheet that was stick-on on one side and cut it to size and shape that I wanted. That's the only way I was able to get two toned. I think it worked pretty well though.
Old 12-20-2014, 03:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xdejablu3x
If I use another gauge cluster from another tC will my odometer still read the same? I need to use my car everyday for work and I figure that if I could get a hold of another gauge cluster I could do a swap on that and not worry about having my car down.
The gauge cluster will read what the gauge cluster reads. So if you buy a new one and install it, it will read what mileage that cluster has seen.

If you want to avoid sketchiness, i'd pull your original one and replace it with the purchased one for the few days you'll be doing the swap. Permanently swap the two and you're looking at fraud charges when you sell the car or lengthy DMV mileage changes and paperwork.

Quick Reply: * tC : Gauge Cluster LED Conversion Guide by LEDmod.com