Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Dome lights and sunroof not working!? Help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 05:44 AM

Default Dome lights and sunroof not working!? Help!

Recently I stripped the door panels off my 2007 Scion TC to paint them. However, since I did not disconnect the negative battery cable when I did it, when I plugged the panel/power windows back in the dome lights and the sunroof did not work.

Today I went through and replaced all the bad fuses besides the big box looking fuses under the hood (are they called cartridge fuses!?).

The sunroof and domes with map lights are completely unresponsive including the rear ones. Not sure what to do to fix it. Any ideas??? I'm speculating but maybe I missed a plug on the door panels!? I just know the domes and sunroof immediately stopped working after I stripped out the door panels or soon after. Vaguely, I think I remember them running for a bit after I unplugged the door panels.

It is worth mentioning I have a high powered LED chip in the domes. I've had it for months and it worked fine.
Old 06-21-2015, 08:11 PM
5 Year Member

There is a trick to finding the open circuit using resistors using a variety of resistors.
Put them between the wires and ground at the connections. Of course you also need a multi-meter. At the fuse you can test the resistance of the wires and this will tell you, where the wire goes to and if it is a good undamaged wire all the way to the connection.

However, if your problem is in the computer chip, all bets are off and you have to just scrap the car, because you can not diagnose computer problems. (ok, just kidding around with the computers in cars, I have no clue how to fix those computer problems).
Old 06-24-2015, 01:44 AM

When I put in the keys in the ignition into the on position and turn on the low beams I hear a buzzing noise which to me sounds similar to an open circuit. I took a picture of my fuse box today.

You'll have to excuse my ignore here, but does it matter which way the numbers face on the top of the fuse-in other words, can you rotate the fuse without it affecting anything?
Attached Thumbnails Dome lights and sunroof not working!? Help!-20150623_181250.jpg  
Old 07-13-2015, 01:41 AM

I had my mechanic test the domelights and sunroof and he said they're getting power so what could it possibly be!? I changed out the dome lights to the blue bulbs I originally had and still no response...