Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Passenger Window and Moon Roof Won't Open

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 05:50 PM

Default Passenger Window and Moon Roof Won't Open

I recently had a get a new battery for my '06 TC. Afterward, passenger window and moon roof won't open anymore. I've done my research, read the owner's manual.. all said to roll windows half down.. the problem is, I CAN'T ROLL THE WINDOW DOWN. No, the lock button wasn't locked. I remembered reading somewhere a long time ago that while testing the window, my key should be in some sort of position. I had the key in ACC, and also in ON.. no matter how long I held the window switch up (on either side of the seat), the passenger window just wouldn't move..

Anyone else have any brilliant suggestion? My last resort is to take it back to my mechanic, but it's heavy raining right now.. Thanks in advance!!
Old 12-03-2014, 02:29 PM
5 Year Member

I've had this happen after replacing my battery... You'll probably need two people... Your window button should be blinking or something of that sort, your passenger Window will not roll down from drivers side, that is because you lost your battery connection, and you need to reset It; you'll need to turn the car on then back off, switch the key to acc/on (do not start the car) Have someone on the drivers side and a person on the passenger side, roll both the windows down(at the same time) all the way down then back up, hold the button for a couple seconds after the windows have closed, the moonroof is done the same you open the roof then close it, you keep holding that button for 3-4 seconds after it has closed. The hatch is reset by simply unlocking and locking from your master key. Sorry if that was confusing.. Lol
Old 12-03-2014, 03:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Something like that. ^^ One person will do the trick. Just roll the window down and then up again holding the switch after it closes until it relearns the position. Same procedure for the Moon roof. Your owners manual should have the exact steps you need.