Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

THE tC iPod Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 04:12 PM

Hi, i drive a 06 scion tc. I recently installed a 10" sub with 250w class d amp. I kept the factory head unit and used a line-out converter to tap into the rear speakers. The sub sounds amazing when you play a cd or play the radio. Bass is deep and you feel it all around you.... The problem occurs when i switch to my ipod. The volume and quality of the music is no where near what im getting from a cd or radio station.

I tried playing with the eq on the ipod, failed. Tried improving the quality of the actual songs on itunes, failed. I have the ipod connected in my car through the actual ipod cable that came with the upgrade from scion. The sound quality on the cable and the aux cable both dont sound as rich and full as a cd or radio station.

I also played a cd that i burned into itunes and is on my ipod. Played the same song on the cd and ipod and switched from ipod to cd modes and the difference in quality was significantly lower on the ipod.

Any ideas on what may be inhibiting my system from allowing my sub to use its full potential while on the ipod option? How to fix?
Old 06-16-2012, 10:06 PM

hey guys, odd question. im doing a ridiculous retrofit, since i have a screen installed in my 09 tc, im puttting the stock tc deck in my ram1500...weird i know. but its a good unit, why let it sit there a go to waste??
anyways i have it all hooked up with the appropriate reverse harness and all, but i cant recall what harness to use for the ipod interface cable... i have the interface cable but no where to plug it in at the back of the scion unit. could anyone site me a part number/link/anything to help me out here? (also less important, i have the aux port that sits in the tc's armrest, but o cable for it, may use it if its not expensive to get the cable. otherwise, screw it.

thanks

-bug-
Old 06-16-2012, 10:20 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sadly, IIRC, that particular harness is actually part of the vehicle harness, not a separate harness just between radio and aux jack.

I hope I'm wrong, though, and someone can correct me...
Old 06-17-2012, 02:02 AM

well thats pretty unfortunate. ill have to see if theres any way around that without some ridiculous 90 dollar adaptor cable. thanks for the reply.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:58 PM

Default 2006 xB Aux Input

Sorry to bring back an old thread but I have some questions on one of the options in this post and have spent hours trying to find answers to no avail.
I have a 2006 xB (manufactured 7/05) with a T1804 HU and am trying to follow the instructions in this post for 2006 Model Year, Option 2: The AUX Input Method.
I bought a generic 1/8" Minijack stereo to stereo cable and plugged in my iPod.
I then started a song playing on my iPod but nothing happened automatically.
I looked for a button on the HU that I could push to switch inputs but there is no "AUX" button to push on the HU .
How to I get the HU to switch to the AUX input (my iPod)?
Any helpful hints would be greatly appreciated!!!