Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Viper 5901 DIY detailed installation guide

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 10:01 PM

Default Viper 5901 DIY detailed installation guide

Hello comrades.

One day my friend’s girlfriend expressed a desire to have a remote start alarm installed in her tC. After weeks of scrupulous research, shopping and drinking here is the 100% proof guide on how to install the Viper 5901/5701 in your Scion tC.

Looking at it now, it should be very easy to install it. Neither me nor my friend are installers or know anything about cars. But we got it to remote start from the first try.

I want to thank Wleeb for his Guide : http://www.toyotatundraforum.com/ele...start-diy.html.

Here we go:

Tools & Parts
  • Viper 5901
  • XK05 Immobilizer Bypass, Firmware: PKT2
  • 4 1N4001 Diodes
  • Soldering Iron
  • Electrical tape
  • 20 feet of 10 gauge wire
  • 12Volt SPDT relay
  • 10 Foot of #22 gauge wire ( I used wire from an old CAT-5 patch cable )
  • Digital Multi-Meter ( i didn’t use it )
  • Shrink tube ( i used tape )
Support Files: We prewired and cut most of the wires in 5901 before we took tC apart. By following the guide, it will tell you either solder in the vehicle or bench. After initial pre-soldering and cutting an actual job at the vehicle was minimal.

Regards.

Buddy, me and his happy girlfriend.

Some pics from the install.

We eventually took out the driver’s seat also.

Pre-soldered and taped 5901

Last edited by MR_LUV; 05-13-2018 at 05:18 AM.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I like the lamp LOL! So does it work well in the tC?
Old 12-18-2009, 03:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

not bad at all
Old 12-18-2009, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by juzlookzfazt
I like the lamp LOL! So does it work well in the tC?
It works great. At least i didn’t hear any complains. Yes, lamp was a great idea!

Here is the snippet of the XLS file. It is very detailed on each wire. So you know exactly what goes where.

Last edited by dotsad; 12-18-2009 at 05:53 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:38 AM

Default trunk release

Great post! Does the trunk/hatch opens when you press the aux button?
Old 07-28-2010, 10:55 AM

Default Viper 5900 SST Install on 2010 SCION tc

I have some questions regarding installation of Viper 5900 SST alarm on a 2010 SCION tc (manual). I need to know if the color wires are the same on a 2007 as a 2010. I'm not sure exactly where to hook up these wires.

For the XCRS Relay Satallite:
Purple (+) Starter Output to Starter ( Starter Side)
Green Starter Input From Ignition (Key Side)
There are two red wires.....hmmm

Red (+) High Current 12v Input
Red (+) (30A) High Current 12v Input

Red/White (+) (30A) High Current 12v Input

Also, Do I have to use any kind of relays?
Thats it for now! Thank you!
Old 10-30-2010, 08:24 AM
5 Year Member

Hey guys,

I just ordered the 5901 and was jerking around under my dash and stumbled across an old Executive One Model 1.3 Alarm. I'm assuming it will be just a matter of taking the old "brain" out and tracing all the wires to make sure I put the right ones on the new brain. But all the other splices and wires are already connected. Should this be an easy uninstall of the old system and installation of the new one?
Old 10-30-2010, 02:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

I installed my viper 5901 myself. Alarm install and easy does not go to together. lol
Are you planning on using the remote start?
Old 10-30-2010, 04:15 PM
5 Year Member

Yeah I'm gonna put the remote start in as well. From what I can see under the dash and from reading the guide above the executive one alarm has already done most of the splicing of the wires. I just don't know if I should take everything out from the old alarm and start from scratch or just use the existing wires that are already spliced together.
Old 12-28-2011, 04:14 AM

Default support files

Can you repost the supporting files please. The links are dead.thanks
Old 12-31-2011, 03:08 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am an Advanced Cert MECP Installer. I can get all the wiring info you could ever want. I do these all day every day. They are not something you want to try to tackle if you know nothing about wiring. Lets put it this way. With my experience even I have done damage to a car.
I caused 6,000 in damage to a Honda Accord. Later finding out it was a bad Viper brain that caused it but still you would be out that money if you didn't have it done by a certified installer. I am about to install one in my 2010 tC (manual) in the next month or so.
I will try to do a detailed install with pics but that all depends how much time I have to waste.

Also if you have auto turn off lights there is extra wiring involved to make them turn off like normal. Also you have to make sure you bypass the clutch only when remote started so that you can still pass inspection along with hooking up the correct wire for neutral safety
so that the car will not start in gear. Yes with a remote start you car will drive across the parking lot till it hits something if left in gear. Seen it in person. This is why before Viper came out with the new starters it was illegal for us to install them in customer cars.

Also I've been doing this for 10 years so that damage claim in the accord is the only one that I have caused. Others known issues with Toyota's are the parking lights are easily damaged.
They test as a Neg trigger meaning they rest at 12v but if you send a true 12v to that wire it will fry the light module. Ask me how I know.

I will try to help anyone installing these if needed but I can tell you there is no need to remove everything this guy did just to install a RS or Alarm unless you are trying to hide the brain somewhere like I do to all of my personal vehicles.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 05-13-2018 at 05:16 AM.
Old 12-31-2011, 03:21 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by justa2e2
Yeah I'm gonna put the remote start in as well. From what I can see under the dash and from reading the guide above the executive one alarm has already done most of the splicing of the wires. I just don't know if I should take everything out from the old alarm and start from scratch or just use the existing wires that are already spliced together.
Remove everything but mark the wires if you want to make it easy. That way you know all the connections are good.