Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

07 tC loud bell sound (Ding!) inside the car?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 04:12 AM

Default 07 tC loud bell sound (Ding!) inside the car?

So today as I was going through the drive through at KFC I noticed every time I came to a full stop, as soon as I pressed the gas, a lout bell-like noise would sound. Had the car for over a year and I don't recognize the sound at all. Tried to look for an explanation on google and from the description of the links saw someone mentioning the key and the ignition so kinda grabbed the key but then noticed I was already in traffic and had the car on Drive so actually turning it off wouldn't be a smart move (xD) miraculously after that the noise was gone for about a mile. Then it actually started randomly sounding again while I was driving every now and then. Its driving me crazy because im the kind of guy that will stop at an express way to check any weird noise or whatever I feel might be wrong with the car.

Just to clarify, this sound wasnt the seat belt one it was perhaps a longer and maybe deeper tone from what I could tell. And I just got home and started googling it then ended up here after no luck at all. So perhaps it will be gone tomorrow. Still would like to know what this noise could be if anybody knows or has heard of anything.

would also like to point out that even though it was lout it sounded one sided towards the passenger side of the car perhaps even from the speakers which at some point made me believe that it could be something wrong with my amp.
Old 06-18-2015, 11:47 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Based on your last comment, I would start by turning off the radio and seeing if the issue is still present. Pressing the gas means your alternator is giving your electrical system more current which would also mean a louder whine or noise if it was related to the speaker system.
If it is related to your speaker system, the fact that you were sitting in the driver seat is why you though it was coming from the passenger seat. Sit in the passenger seat and have a friend replicate the scenario and it'll sound like it's coming from the driver area.