Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

2006 tC Clutch problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2016, 10:52 PM

Default 2006 tC Clutch problems

First off, I'm new here. Long time viewer of the site; first post. But let's get down to business. So today I pulled in to McDonald's. As I went to pull out, I put my car into reverse then one of the bolts that mounts the master cylinder to the fire wall fell out and my clutch then completely depressed, along with the spring on the clutch pedal came lose. Now my clutch has no resistance, stuck to the floor and will not go into gear. I'm kind of lost because it's a new clutch, less than 3000 miles on it. I've had no problems out of it whatsoever. Not a single slip, gears haven't grinded once, and I'm very easy on it. Always sure to take it out of gear anytime I come to a stop and never ride the clutch. Idk what to do being that I'm a student in college, far from anyone that can help and as mentioned, I'm a college student, an engineering major at that, so I don't have a job and don't have a ton of extra cash to throw around at the moment. Also, there is no leaks anywhere, it's full on fluid. Could this be a master or slave cylinder? I'm just confused how there was no warning signs or anything just literally one second to the next it went from perfectly fine to nothing. Any help is greatly appreciated

Last edited by MR_LUV; 01-18-2018 at 04:16 AM. Reason: typo
Old 10-30-2016, 06:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by t_haz3
First off, I'm new here. Long time viewer of the site; first post. But let's get down to business. So today I pulled in to McDonald's. As I went to pull out, I put my car into reverse then one of the bolts that mounts the master cylinder to the fire wall fell out and my clutch then completely depressed, along with the spring on the clutch pedal came lose. Now myclutch has no resistance, stuck to the floor and will not go into gear. I'm kind of lost because it's a new clutch, less than 3000 miles on it. I've had no problems out of it whatsoever. Not a single slip, gears havent grinded once, and I'm very easy on it. Always sure to take it out of gear anytime I come to a stop and never ride the clutch. Idk what to do being that I'm a student in college, far from anyone that can help and as mentioned, I'm a college student, an engineering major at that, so I don't have a job and don't have a ton of extra cash to throw around at the moment. Also, there is no leaks anywhere, it's full on fluid. Could this be a master or slave cylinder? I'm just confused how there was no warning signs or anything just literally one second to the next it went from perfectly fine to nothing. Any help is greatly appreciated
have you ever had the master cylinder out before ?