Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]
View Poll Results: do you think there are wayyy to many posts on the TC?
yes
44.83%
no
55.17%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

BEST TC POST EVER!

Old 10-27-2003, 08:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default BEST TC POST EVER!

is there any way all these gratuitous posts about the TC could be merged into one superpost. then when the car actually does come out and there actually are real pictures and real stats etc. we could give out the "hey you were right" trophies?
Old 11-06-2003, 08:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

oh sweet i got two no votes without anything sassy to back up viewpoint.
Old 11-06-2003, 08:18 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
IV ACE

I'm an xB kinda guy. It doesn't matter if this is scionlife, wait until the tC is out and then start posting again.
Old 11-24-2003, 04:42 AM
5 Year Member
Team ScioNRG

Maybe if we talk about the Tc and talk about what appeals to us and gripe about its shortcomings Scion will transform the car into what the customer wants.

You do know that they listen to what we, the customer, wants?

How about a RWD or AWD version of the Tc???

I'm all for a Tc that could take out a WRX!

The4kbeast
Old 11-24-2003, 07:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

well im totally sure they will cut preproduction and retool the entire car since you have really made the case for a four wheel drive hatch that will take down a wrx/evo. and only be like 3grand more than my xB.
Old 11-24-2003, 10:33 PM
5 Year Member
Team ScioNRG

What good is a company if it doesn't listen to it's customers? How do you know they haven't designed the car to accept AWD?

I'd also like to add that Toyota wouldn't bring out a 160hp AWD car capable of taking out the WRX/STi/EVO for $18K. What I said is that you could BUILD one. And yet you assume that I mean in a straight line . . . I've seen 70hp cars beat 305hp cars all of the time in Solo II. It is all in how you piece the car together.

So far Scion's branding has been lower horsepower cars that have better power to weight ratios than the comptition. It won't beat a WRX, but I guarantee it will beat a Civic or a Jetta. You may think I'm nuts, but I say wait and see. They could pull a rabbit out of the hat.
Old 11-24-2003, 10:40 PM
5 Year Member
Team ScioNRG

PS- Are you always this irritable? LOL!
Old 11-24-2003, 10:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i don't think your nuts. but i do think you shuld use the search function.as this has been ground out before on the board.
but if the car is premiering in january its already very done. maybee theyll have a 4wd version but it doesnt seem very likely on the TC. The xB has a 4wd counter part and if anything that will be the only 4wd scion in the forseeable future. But i don't think that's likely either. It really interferes with the so called "monospec" mentality of the product line. nobody, even you, is going to crank out the 1300-2000 extra for a 4wd TC. For the super/turcocharger yes they will. but not both. because you'll end up having a car that's the same price point as a wrx not as fast, wayyyy more flashy and cop magnetizing and nowhere near as fast oh and the insurance will scare wrx owners too.

What sold me(and many others) on the xB was that the value was insane and the design was super cool. If the TC is 80% of these factors it will do well. as nice as a rear/4wd hatch would be, the incentive isn't there for a company like toyota to chase. and a significant market isn't there to buy it. to me a turbo vitz would be great way, for toyta and we the consumer, to offset the scion line with a performance car but it's not going to happen anytime soon.

Search this Thread