Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Build list

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 08:06 PM

Default Build list

Good evenning scion owners. My name is Robert, I own a 2005 scion tc. I've owned it for a few years now but as I'm in the Military i've never been able to play with it. My tours are coming to an end and i've found myself with more time for it. I've done lots of research over the last few months. I have been looking for a proven build list for my tc. I currently have on it an HkS hi powered exhaust, 4-2-1 headers, Injen intake, BC racing coils. I was thinking about a turbo kit. Now I know I need to purchase better low profile wheels before I boost it. I'm going to buy those asap. Now what i've been unsuccessfuly able to find is a full turbo build and what order I need to buy everything in just to get and ideal of what I need. I do understand that this changes in opinion from person to person and it's a matter of what i'm trying to get out of it personally. What i'm looking for is a baseline to go off of. Now i've seen builds from companies that completly redid theirs and don't think I can go that high. If anyone can help me out with a link, or something that they have done themselves it would be greatly appreciated. Also I've done research and yes I've seen the comments about sell it and get another car, If you happen to be one of these people please don't waste my time and just keep going on about your day because i'm currently NOT interested in your opinion at this time. Don't be that guy.

Last edited by Docfishey; 07-13-2014 at 11:44 PM.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok Doc as you as said the build depends on what you desire from your TC a highway monster or quick and useable power.
-Highway monster being fully built engine with rods,pistons,cams, cylinder head work,big turbo,standalone ECU,proper suspension,return style fuel system,etc....

-Quick useable power being built short block(rods and pistons) keep the cylinder bore stock/standard @88.5 No cylinder head work needed but possible valve job and port and polish. Ask the machine shop to apply a simple hone on the cylinders for the new pistons,medium size turbo 50trim either Precision or Garrett with A/R.60 and A/R.63 for quick spool and good top end,3' exhaust to best utilize your turbo,clutch and flywheel,600-700cc injectors,255-320 lph fuel pump,if needed upgrade the fuel system to return style to achieve more power.

Now as for pre-assembled turbo kits there are only two companies left that still make kits which are Dezod and Ptuning. Both companies can build and blue print an engine according to your specs and needs and also sell all the parts needed.
As for a baseline to start off the stock 2azfe motor can maintain 300-330hp safely with supporting modifications and according to how experienced and good the tuner is and what engine management you use.The Aem FIC and Greddy Ultimate are the most popular choices before stepping up to a standalone ECU. Both are good systems but the Greddy Ultimate offers more options than the Aem FIC.
Contact Dezod and Ptuning and discuss what direction you want your build to go.
Hope I offered some useful advice. Feel free to PM for more advice.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by GUNNIST14
Ok Doc as you as said the build depends on what you desire from your TC a highway monster or quick and useable power.
-Highway monster being fully built engine with rods,pistons,cams, cylinder head work,big turbo,standalone ECU,proper suspension,return style fuel system,etc....

-Quick useable power being built short block(rods and pistons) keep the cylinder bore stock/standard @88.5 No cylinder head work needed but possible valve job and port and polish. Ask the machine shop to apply a simple hone on the cylinders for the new pistons,medium size turbo 50trim either Precision or Garrett with A/R.60 and A/R.63 for quick spool and good top end,3' exhaust to best utilize your turbo,clutch and flywheel,600-700cc injectors,255-320 lph fuel pump,if needed upgrade the fuel system to return style to achieve more power.

Now as for pre-assembled turbo kits there are only two companies left that still make kits which are Dezod and Ptuning. Both companies can build and blue print an engine according to your specs and needs and also sell all the parts needed.
As for a baseline to start off the stock 2azfe motor can maintain 300-330hp safely with supporting modifications and according to how experienced and good the tuner is and what engine management you use.The Aem FIC and Greddy Ultimate are the most popular choices before stepping up to a standalone ECU. Both are good systems but the Greddy Ultimate offers more options than the Aem FIC.
Contact Dezod and Ptuning and discuss what direction you want your build to go.
Hope I offered some useful advice. Feel free to PM for more advice.

Hell ya man thank you ill get started right away. I appreciate you taking the time to give me info
Old 07-16-2014, 01:08 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Originally Posted by Docfishey
Good evenning scion owners. My name is Robert, I own a 2005 scion tc. I've owned it for a few years now but as I'm in the Military i've never been able to play with it. My tours are coming to an end and i've found myself with more time for it. I've done lots of research over the last few months. I have been looking for a proven build list for my tc. I currently have on it an HkS hi powered exhaust, 4-2-1 headers, Injen intake, BC racing coils. I was thinking about a turbo kit. Now I know I need to purchase better low profile wheels before I boost it. I'm going to buy those asap. Now what i've been unsuccessfuly able to find is a full turbo build and what order I need to buy everything in just to get and ideal of what I need. I do understand that this changes in opinion from person to person and it's a matter of what i'm trying to get out of it personally. What i'm looking for is a baseline to go off of. Now i've seen builds from companies that completly redid theirs and don't think I can go that high. If anyone can help me out with a link, or something that they have done themselves it would be greatly appreciated. Also I've done research and yes I've seen the comments about sell it and get another car, If you happen to be one of these people please don't waste my time and just keep going on about your day because i'm currently NOT interested in your opinion at this time. Don't be that guy.
If you PM us your HP goal and what you wish to use the tC for after the build, we can provide you with a list of parts and cost.

Thanks,
Mike @ PTUNING
Old 08-01-2014, 02:10 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Basic turbo build will run you ~$7-8k (which includes full turbo kit, exhaust, gauges, tuning, and other supporting mods). If you are going to go big (i.e. fully built engine), then add another $4-5k on top of that for standalone, build short block and P-N-P head w/ cams.

As a rule of thumb I like to follow (when I can), figure out how much all of your items will cost, then multiply that by 1.5 and that's how much money you should have available before starting to build. Remember, you also have to include the cost for shop time (assuming you will not be installing everything yourself).