Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

A/C blower stuck on full blast.

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 02:01 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default A/C blower stuck on full blast.

Interesting new development with the tc. The AC is stuck blowing on high, you can try to adjust and the setting will indeed go up and down but with no change in fan speed. I have noticed, however, that when I do change it to low it will intermittently go back and forth between the actual setting and full blast, but mostly just full blast.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-03-2016, 10:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RobRS2
Interesting new development with the tc. The AC is stuck blowing on high, you can try to adjust and the setting will indeed go up and down but with no change in fan speed. I have noticed, however, that when I do change it to low it will intermittently go back and forth between the actual setting and full blast, but mostly just full blast.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
First part that comes to mind is the blower resistor, it controls the fan speed. Think of it as a volume control. If there is no volume control, then it would only be able to do 12v or max speed. It's mounted by the fan blower motor, under the glove box, and you might have to take off a cover to get to it. It's on the left side of the blower motor, two screws hold it in, and an electrical harness connector is there. I looked at the service manual and didn't find anything about being able to test it. Looks like replacing it would be the fix.

The Toyota part number is 87165-13010, sells for about $150, the aftermarket parts weren't much cheaper.

The only other thing that could be faulty is the main control board. That's where you're adjusting the fan speed, temp ****, etc.. But I think it's the blower resistor/control module.
Old 08-03-2016, 04:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Awesome, I'll have to check that out. Much appreciated!
Old 08-03-2016, 06:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RobRS2
Awesome, I'll have to check that out. Much appreciated!
Hey no problem, you're welcome. And hey come back and at least let me know what you found and how it was fixed.

But I have to laugh, in my post I just saw that it censored the word temp k*n*ob lol.. which I meant the big aluminum temp control circle. I just had to mention it, made me laugh that was censored