Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

‘15 tC stereo to an ‘08 tC. Will it fit?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2020, 03:19 PM

Default ‘15 tC stereo to an ‘08 tC. Will it fit?

I’m trying to replace my factory hu with something touchscreen. I’ve been looking at aftermarket pioneers and alpines but I came across someone selling one out of a 2015 tC.

My question is will it fit, and how hard would it be to put in?

Also, my wonderful bf cut ALL the harnesses that were plugged into the back of my stock radio 🤬 and I can no longer roll my driver side window down (passenger works fine. I’ve tried resetting. It’s not that.) Now I have to try and piece EVERYTHING back together.

How hard is this going to be to get everything back working again and put in a new HU? Should I just buy one from BestBuy and get the free installation and let them deal with it? lol

tia,
Tiffany
Old 07-27-2020, 03:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

If all the harnesses are cut, that kind of nullifies the reason to want to even try to repurpose another oem unit. Aftermarket is absolutely worth it if you care about audio quality at all, not to mention the touch screen decks use old bluetooth chips that are getting less compatible with newer mobile devices, so that functionality might not carry over to your next phone.

Not sure the stereo wiring has anything to do with the windows, but perhaps an ecu reset would help - which you'll need to do when installing the new headunit anyway.
Old 07-27-2020, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by drizzoh
If all the harnesses are cut, that kind of nullifies the reason to want to even try to repurpose another oem unit. Aftermarket is absolutely worth it if you care about audio quality at all, not to mention the touch screen decks use old bluetooth chips that are getting less compatible with newer mobile devices, so that functionality might not carry over to your next phone.

Not sure the stereo wiring has anything to do with the windows, but perhaps an ecu reset would help - which you'll need to do when installing the new headunit anyway.

What is an ECU reset?
My brother tested to see if the switch was getting power and it wasn’t. But I can still use it to lock both doors. My brother said they could’ve been using the radio as a “jump-off” point? idk what’s going on, but I’m getting tired of having to open my door any time I go to the bank or a drive thru.
Old 07-27-2020, 03:58 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Disconnecting the battery for a few minutes. Necessary for installing a stereo anyway.