Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

This clutch. System is driving me crazy! Can yah help a guy out?

Old 06-17-2015, 02:03 AM

Default This clutch. System is driving me crazy! Can yah help a guy out?

Hey y'all I have a 07tc thats driving me up the wall, here's the back story...
A friend baught the car 5 years ago from a buy her pay here, it's on coil overs 19s aerspeeds in take all that stuff, in May her clutch petal went to the floor and she dropped it off at a local shop, first the said it was the slave, then that didn't fix it , they them said oh it's the master, and that didn't fix it.. Then they replaced the clutch, and it didn't work so they said hey you need a trans! We'll she drove it in there... She had it towed back to her house called me and I came over and pull the trans back out, they didn't tighten the pressure plate bolts at all, 4 was in the bell housing, I put a clutch that I knew was for the car in it , and got it back together.. Bled it and nothing, we'll spare of the moment I put a deep well 11mm on the push rod for the slave and bled it and blam, we had a tad bit of petal... She drove it for 3 weeks and called me telling me it was mest up agian do I want the car, so I baught it from her, drove it home and replaced the master and slave with parts from orileys , it still didn't have a clutch so I got on line and seen they offer a 1/4 longer push rod so I cut down a 1/4 extension that was 1/4 longer than the factory push rod, bled it and I've been driving the car with no issues for 3 months or so... I got going down the road last week and the clutch petal slowly sank to the floor, I pulled it up with my toe and it would work right until I changed gears agian, then I'd have to pull it up agian, well that's annoying.. And not right talked to a few people and determined that theater had internal leak down... Makes since.. So I warrentyed the master out yesterday and now it's wanting to let out on the floor... I've bled and bled, even used a vaccume bleeder and nothing's changing, is there something with these after market clutch system parts that I should know about before I burn this thing to the ground?
Old 06-22-2015, 02:25 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Bmfxtreme
Hey y'all I have a 07tc thats driving me up the wall, here's the back story...
A friend baught the car 5 years ago from a buy her pay here, it's on coil overs 19s aerspeeds in take all that stuff, in May her clutch petal went to the floor and she dropped it off at a local shop, first the said it was the slave, then that didn't fix it , they them said oh it's the master, and that didn't fix it.. Then they replaced the clutch, and it didn't work so they said hey you need a trans! We'll she drove it in there... She had it towed back to her house called me and I came over and pull the trans back out, they didn't tighten the pressure plate bolts at all, 4 was in the bell housing, I put a clutch that I knew was for the car in it , and got it back together.. Bled it and nothing, we'll spare of the moment I put a deep well 11mm on the push rod for the slave and bled it and blam, we had a tad bit of petal... She drove it for 3 weeks and called me telling me it was mest up agian do I want the car, so I baught it from her, drove it home and replaced the master and slave with parts from orileys , it still didn't have a clutch so I got on line and seen they offer a 1/4 longer push rod so I cut down a 1/4 extension that was 1/4 longer than the factory push rod, bled it and I've been driving the car with no issues for 3 months or so... I got going down the road last week and the clutch petal slowly sank to the floor, I pulled it up with my toe and it would work right until I changed gears agian, then I'd have to pull it up agian, well that's annoying.. And not right talked to a few people and determined that theater had internal leak down... Makes since.. So I warrentyed the master out yesterday and now it's wanting to let out on the floor... I've bled and bled, even used a vaccume bleeder and nothing's changing, is there something with these after market clutch system parts that I should know about before I burn this thing to the ground?
New slave. New clutch. New fluid. New pressure plate. New everything hmmm im stumped too. The only thing i can think of is adjusting the clutch pedal itself.