Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Lack of oil

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 04:49 PM

Default Lack of oil

I just finished a rebuild in my 07 tc. I put about 1000 miles on it. Was changing to synthetic. I took it to an oil change Place. They told me it was a quart and half low. I saw a small leak but wasn't sure where it came from. I thought that they could tell me where the leak came from while under there. Had been taking my cars and to same place since 2008.
They tried to sell me a bunch of cheap I didn't need but the issue is I drove it 88 miles. The motor blew again. I have way more into this car than its value. Almost every part is new. The insurance company denied my claim due to no evidence lack of oil caused the problem. Does anyone know of manufacture defects on any parts or do I need to search every part and every company? In going to have to go to small claims. Does anybody know where I can get an expert witness to testify (Dallas area) that lack of oil will throw a rod.
Old 02-24-2017, 09:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You'll need a licensed mechanic to help you with that. You can probably refer to the known oil consumption issue with your model year tC, but it might be too late to go after Toyota. If I recall correctly, you had a 3rd party perform the engine rebuild for you. If the failure was due to an error during the rebuild, you will have to hold that business or individual accountable for the costs.

Sorry to hear this unfortunate situation.