Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Power Enterprise Supercharger volunteer needed

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2003, 01:27 AM
5 Year Member

Default Power Enterprise Supercharger volunteer needed

We've got Power Enterprise's supercharger kit for the xB in stock but Detroit is not yet crawling with Scions so we're looking for someone interested in having the unit installed on their vehicle. The installation would be done free of charge, and the car would be dyno'd before and after also free of charge. The unit would also be discounted slightly from the normal $3159 kit price. We need to do one install before we start selling the kits to other customers so we can verify that the kit works as designed on US-spec vehicles with US-spec gasoline. Performance will be closely monitored during the dyno testing so there's no danger to the engine. Expected horsepower gain is at least 30%.

Please drop us a line if you're serious about coming to Detroit to have the unit installed. We'd like to get someone in ASAP, there are a few distant customers waiting for this prove-out so they can buy kits.

Thanks,

Matt @ Monkeywrench
info@monkeywrenchracing.com
http://www.monkeywrenchracing.com
Old 09-24-2003, 01:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Man if you weren't so far away i would do it. Hey, test it on an automatic Xb because i heard the blitz superchager had problems with the automatic, so us people with the slowmatics know we are problem free if we buy the PE system. Thanks.
Old 09-24-2003, 02:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

which kit is it? they have 2 listed one that retails for $2800 and one that retails for $3800. either way that price you got isn't bad. i just wish the kit look looked a lil' bit nicer like the blitz one. but p.e. stuff is pretty good they usually use ihi ballbearing turbos in most kits.
Old 09-24-2003, 07:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How much you gonna charge us for the kit. I would be interested in doing this, but I want to know how much first.
Old 09-24-2003, 07:30 PM
5 Year Member

The Blitz kit has a problem with the automatic because it uses the Apex Power FC to replace the stock ECU. The PE kit addresses the tuning differently, so transmission type should not matter at all.

This is the PE supercharger kit - retail is $3480.

We can do the kit, install, and dyno for under $3k. Interested?
Old 09-24-2003, 07:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think I will pass on that one but thank you.
Old 09-25-2003, 01:57 AM

so you want a guinea pig that will pay for the parts and after everything goes great you will sell them left and right and make money off of my info. Sorry man, homie don't play that.

Old 09-25-2003, 04:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Hmmmmm, Hey Monkey, maybe you should ask for a vehicle that you will comp the kit and all for the fact that it is a test mule and you will be profiting from the results.... Id think about it for a free kit, other wise the down side is too great! thanks man!
X BOXX
Old 09-25-2003, 08:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

hell id drive out there in my xb for a free kit, but 3 g's for a prototype ill pass but thanks
Old 09-25-2003, 08:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tinybigrig
hell id drive out there in my xb for a free kit, but 3 g's for a prototype ill pass but thanks
Yeah seriously... Could you imagine driving all that way, and when you find out it doesn't work, what do they say "Oh well, thanks anyways, go home now."? ____ that...
Old 09-25-2003, 10:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

LOL...SO you guys want someone to take their brand new car over to your place so you can TEST ____ out but have them pay 3k to let you ____ around and "see if it all fits and works"

Please, rethink your business plan--because this obviously in the customers best interest. Money will come, but not by making us feel like all we are needed for is our vehicles.

Good Luck...oh and btw...i have some stuff i wanna try out on any of you so cal guys scions...it retails for near 10,000 but hell, let me test it out on your cars, and I'll only charge 9,500 for being a lab rat.
Old 09-25-2003, 10:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

yeah, monkeywrench. you are making power enterprise look like a pretty low budget operation. you guys should consider buying a scion, do your work on it, and then sell it when you're done. besides, $3400 is too expensive for a supercharger for our small cars. not worth it.
Old 09-25-2003, 10:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DoNuT
Yeah seriously... Could you imagine driving all that way, and when you find out it doesn't work, what do they say "Oh well, thanks anyways, go home now."? ____ that...
You'll be lucky if your car can still make it back in one piece after all the test. You have to pay for the test, the plane ticket to fly back, the time. Wow, some great deal.
Old 09-26-2003, 01:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by HemanC
Originally Posted by DoNuT
You'll be lucky if your car can still make it back in one piece after all the test. You have to pay for the test, the plane ticket to fly back, the time. Wow, some great deal.
I agree pretty wack if you ask me. But seriousely look at the name: MONKY WRENCH RACING!! I think the name says it all
Old 09-26-2003, 01:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Hey no need to get ____ed off. We just don't have to spend $3,400 on something like that. I do agree though it is pretty messed up. But hey if they want to design or test parts on the Scion they should just get their own Scion.[/img]
Old 09-26-2003, 02:26 AM
5 Year Member

:?: Is it just me, or is 3 grand plus, for 30 bhp a bit extreme?
Old 09-26-2003, 02:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

its a rip off
Old 09-26-2003, 04:36 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I rather go with the blitz s/c or some other name brand kit. Screw the not-free or not 1/2 off supercharger. Got to be careful.

Area 51 Fabrications in Irvine, California blew my friends GS300 motor with their prototype supercharger and made him pay for the blown motor. I actually posted a comment on Speed Options and Area 51 couldn't say crap about blowing my friends motor, but that their other customer with the IS300 motor that was blown was satisfied with them. Can you believe Area51 actually made my friend pay? Some B.S.

Stick with the name brand and some reliable and reputable company.
Old 09-26-2003, 04:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

speakin of area 51 they opened back up in the bay area. does anyone got their number? they owe me $1200 for a body kit i ordered last year and still haven't seen anything.
Old 09-28-2003, 07:28 PM
5 Year Member

>so you want a guinea pig that will pay for the parts and after everything goes great
>you will sell them left and right and make money off of my info. Sorry man, homie
>don't play that.

Looking for a customer to pay a DISCOUNTED price for the parts, and to get the labor and dyno for free. Not a bad value.

This is not an untested prototype. It's a kit that's been in production for a while in Japan, and has been used with good results. We don't sell parts or kits that we don't have 100% confidence in though, so we want to verify that function is 100% right on a US model vehicle before we start selling them to people to install themselves. It's also not a radical kit built for racing, so the possibility of engine damage is next to nothing. The whole point here is to get the kit tested so that Scion owners will immediately have access to a significant power adder.

For reference, PE produces a turbo kit for the Japanese MR2 Spyder. We started importing them and installed the first one on our shop MR2-S. Function was good so we started selling them. Since then, we've come up with some add-ons that make the kit even better. I'd love to go buy a Scion to test this part on, but that's a lot of expense just to verify the function of this kit. And judging by the responses in this thread, there probably isn't the market for power adders for the Scion to justify it.

Quick Reply: Power Enterprise Supercharger volunteer needed