Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Raceland coils

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 05:32 PM

Default Raceland coils

Hey guys im a 17 with a huge passion for cars and i just bought my first car parts for my 06 tc (raceland ultimos coils) and if anybody could give me any tips or anything like that. Also wondering anything i will need to go along with being low
Old 05-18-2015, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Cammy
Hey guys im a 17 with a huge passion for cars and i just bought my first car parts for my 06 tc (raceland ultimos coils) and if anybody could give me any tips or anything like that. Also wondering anything i will need to go along with being low
I just did this to my 05 Scion about 2 months ago. Best thing I could have ever done. Rides like a champ now! DON'T DO THIS ALONE! You need help with this. I did about half on my own and it sucked! I used this DIY https://www.scionlife.com/forums/tc-tech-diy-1818/coilover-install-tein-basic-154155/?styleid=14 plus there are more how to videos on the raceland website for our specific year of TC. Along with the little instructions that come included with the coilovers. there are extra bolts that aren't covered in the videos or DIY forums, they will need to be removed in order to get to specific key disassembly spots. You'll see what I'm saying when you start. You will need anti seize for the coilovers so the threads don't seize when you drive. Recommended by raceland, cheap at auto zone. I already had them lowered with springs, did it more for the ride. If you have a question, ask me
Old 05-19-2015, 04:47 PM

Well when putting on the top hat for the front coils i couldn't tighten down the top hat because it just spun and i couldnt hold it down. Any tips?
Old 05-19-2015, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by CloudzOverCali
I just did this to my 05 Scion about 2 months ago. Best thing I could have ever done. Rides like a champ now! DON'T DO THIS ALONE! You need help with this. I did about half on my own and it sucked! I used this DIY https://www.scionlife.com/forums/tc-tech-diy-1818/coilover-install-tein-basic-154155/?styleid=14 plus there are more how to videos on the raceland website for our specific year of TC. Along with the little instructions that come included with the coilovers. there are extra bolts that aren't covered in the videos or DIY forums, they will need to be removed in order to get to specific key disassembly spots. You'll see what I'm saying when you start. You will need anti seize for the coilovers so the threads don't seize when you drive. Recommended by raceland, cheap at auto zone. I already had them lowered with springs, did it more for the ride. If you have a question, ask me
help me
Old 05-19-2015, 06:31 PM

Well when putting on the top hat for the front coils i couldn't tighten down the top hat because it just spun and i couldnt hold it down. Any tips?
By top hat I assume you are saying all the pieces that go onto the front coilover. When all the brackets and washers are in the correct order and it needs to be tightened. I had some trouble too. I was able to lower the threads on the coil over all the way down which made tons of room at the top to tighten the nut. You will need TWO wrenches for this; one to hold the strut in place so it doesn't spin and one to actually tighten the nut itself.
Old 05-20-2015, 03:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You can also hit it with an impact gun on a lower torque setting. That's what most shops do. I did it with my Stance coils when I had to service the damper. I'm not familiar with those coils, but some have machined flats slightly below the threaded part that you can grab with a wrench.

Don't grab the polished rod of the damper with anything hard (metal). Damaging that surface can mess up your seals when the shocks are compressed. You can try using a rubber strap wrench to keep it from spinning, but I still suggest simply using an impact on a low setting. Usually 50 ft-lbs or so is all you need for this.