Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Small Questions Thread (Use this instead of creating new threads)

Old 05-12-2014, 05:31 AM

Hello scionlife, brand new member here!
I have a black (black sand pearl) 07 Tc, looking at an RS1 full kit, debating carbon fiber verses buying plastic and having a shop paint it.
Main question is about how much would a shop charge for a good paint job on the kit?
Old 05-20-2014, 03:15 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^I know a guy in my area who had it done on his Miata for roughly around $500-600.
Old 07-11-2014, 03:18 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Question Exhaust Help

Hi everyone!

So i did alot of searching trying find out some information. I drive a 2008 tC Manual trans. I removed the stock header and s-pipe and replaced them with megan racing header and megan s-pipe and have the TRD axle back. I like the header and s-pipe. But i do want to complete the exhaust i dont have cel with the header on and still pass emissions w/o the cat and i still have my second cat on there I think its on the midpipe right? (sorry still new to learning about car modding and parts).So moving on is there a way to to keep the stock mid pipe and add everything after the mid pipe? like the muffler and the other parts that are there or something? Sorry like i said I am really new on car stuff. and learning as I do the mods. I want to finish the exhaust just adding more of megan parts on there or Injen or D-spec.

Any ideas on the sound it will have?

or if there is a better way to do this without my CEL coming on? I have emissions in my state (NOT visual just plug and go) or should I just get a new muffler?

Any advice,links,or thoughts are appreciated and thank you for taking the time read this long long post!
Old 07-12-2014, 12:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Vladislav
Hi everyone!

So i did alot of searching trying find out some information. I drive a 2008 tC Manual trans. I removed the stock header and s-pipe and replaced them with megan racing header and megan s-pipe and have the TRD axle back. I like the header and s-pipe. But i do want to complete the exhaust i dont have cel with the header on and still pass emissions w/o the cat and i still have my second cat on there I think its on the midpipe right? (sorry still new to learning about car modding and parts).So moving on is there a way to to keep the stock mid pipe and add everything after the mid pipe? like the muffler and the other parts that are there or something? Sorry like i said I am really new on car stuff. and learning as I do the mods. I want to finish the exhaust just adding more of megan parts on there or Injen or D-spec.

Any ideas on the sound it will have?

or if there is a better way to do this without my CEL coming on? I have emissions in my state (NOT visual just plug and go) or should I just get a new muffler?

Any advice,links,or thoughts are appreciated and thank you for taking the time read this long long post!
You seem to be on the right path. Our exhausts are in 4 pieces, Header, s-pipe, midpipe and axleback. By removing the primary Cat in the header, you only have the small resonator/Cat in the mid-pipe. If it works for you then you can add a regualr axleback to "complete" your exhaust. you should know though, that you will most likely eventually get a CEL light. Which can be fooled with the use of an anti-fouler on the secondary o2 sensor. This will fool the light but can still trigger a fail if your state sniff-tests the exhaust.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:15 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Basebllstar
You seem to be on the right path. Our exhausts are in 4 pieces, Header, s-pipe, midpipe and axleback. By removing the primary Cat in the header, you only have the small resonator/Cat in the mid-pipe. If it works for you then you can add a regualr axleback to "complete" your exhaust. you should know though, that you will most likely eventually get a CEL light. Which can be fooled with the use of an anti-fouler on the secondary o2 sensor. This will fool the light but can still trigger a fail if your state sniff-tests the exhaust.

Good info. But they don't sniff here they just plug in the obd2 and send me on my way. I have the anti foul already when I did my header and spipe. I just want to keep the stock midpipe and add a different muffler. Right now it is the trd it's got a good sound ppl like it i just want a little deeper sound am with some high sound mixed in. Do I need to cut off the existing muffler and place a new one or is there a bolt on option?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-19-2014, 02:13 PM

Hello fellow tc owners. I have a qeistion new to this site. I got a 2005 scion tc just order my Tein S Tech. Im currently sitting on stock rims so i know my going to need spocers. Qestion is what spacer do i need to nice flush clean look with out rolling fenders? Thanks for you help.
Old 07-19-2014, 07:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Stock rims? 20 to 25mm I have a set if needed sell cheap.
Old 07-19-2014, 08:15 PM

yeah stock rims....OK ill PM you.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:21 PM

Will replacing my TCC Solenoid ($100) solve my P0741 engine code? I can answer any questions that can help me with my engine code I've been having for 2 years.

Scion tC 06 w/ 100k mileage.

Some of the on and off symptoms: loss of power, doesn't go over 40mph on the bridge, rpm dramatically goes high at low speed, lower mpg.

Please ask me questions that relates to my car so I can possibly fix it once and for all
Old 11-21-2014, 08:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That sure does sound like the problem. Be sure to post back after and let us know. So others with the same issues will know what to do.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:21 AM

Can someone please post up a picture of their unmolested cluster(turned off) please. Need it for reference since i changed my needles and don't remember how they originally were placed. A close up picture of all the needles thanks
Old 12-24-2014, 11:27 PM

Default what body kit?

what kind of body kit is this?
Attached Thumbnails Small Questions Thread (Use this instead of creating new threads)-tc2.jpg   Small Questions Thread (Use this instead of creating new threads)-tc.jpg   Small Questions Thread (Use this instead of creating new threads)-tc3.jpg  
Old 12-26-2014, 09:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bbg3000
what kind of body kit is this?
KA60600U - 2005-2010 tC FULL FASCIAS BODY KIT URETHANE. | Kaminari
Old 12-27-2014, 07:12 PM

Default Grilles?

what grilles will fit on a kaminari body kit?
Old 12-28-2014, 03:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what grilles will fit on a kaminari body kit?
The ones you make yourself.
Old 01-03-2015, 11:34 PM

Default Body kit?

Kaminari vs jp vizage on a 05 tc?
Old 01-06-2015, 01:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Kaminari vs jp vizage on a 05 tc?
IMO, hands down the Kaminari. That Jp kit is hideous.
Old 01-07-2015, 10:46 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Does anyone know whether the subwoofer RCA outs on the Pioneer t1809 HU are low-pass or full range?
Old 01-12-2015, 06:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Does anyone out there know of anyone parting out a tc in the Pittsburgh PA, East Ohio area. Looking for some parts. Also looking for a replacement engine for a decent price if anyone has any suggestions for that as well.
Old 01-24-2015, 05:31 PM

Hey guys, im a a pretty new member here so bare with me. I have a 2008 Scion TC, its automatic with full exhaust and an aftermarket CAI. ive been having RPM surges for a while and need help figuring it out. Ive smoked tested it and theres no vacuum leaks, no throttle body codes or transmission codes. It jumps up about 500 RPM for a few seconds then goes back down and does it again. It happens at around 35-40 MPH (mostly around 35). Please help.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Small Questions Thread (Use this instead of creating new threads)