Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Small Questions Thread (Use this instead of creating new threads)

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 02:40 AM
5 Year Member

Default Are these boxes after market? (pictures)

I recently bought my first Scion, a 2008 tc, used. I'm very happy with it, but I recently came across these while looking for the fuse box (lost my dome lights). Guessing they are both after market but I want to be sure.

The larger box is a Viper 4103XV

The smaller box I'm not sure of. That sticker seems to be all the information there is about it

Any insight/input/suggestions on what to do now would be much appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails Small Questions Thread (Use this instead of creating new threads)-img_1398.jpg   Small Questions Thread (Use this instead of creating new threads)-img_1401.jpg   Small Questions Thread (Use this instead of creating new threads)-img_1402.jpg  
Old 04-08-2015, 06:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sbburning
I recently bought my first Scion, a 2008 tc, used. I'm very happy with it, but I recently came across these while looking for the fuse box (lost my dome lights). Guessing they are both after market but I want to be sure.

The smaller box I'm not sure of. That sticker seems to be all the information there is about it

Not sure what the smaller box is, but the box with the viper is obviously for a alarm. Maybe the smaller box is part of it as well.
Old 05-29-2015, 07:33 PM
5 Year Member

Default Constant 12v wire in 2006 tC is shot?

So I've been having issues with this since my last stereo but never really wanted to fix it. Basically yesterday I was installing a new Pioneer Double Din and I'm tired of my radio not saving the settings for subs etc, so I tested my constant and it had no power at all I checked the fuse,
it was blown but when I put a new one in it just blew when I turned on my car with the constant wired up. . Is there another way to get a constant power source to have memory? I am not rewiring a new constant from my fuse box, I don't think I can do it right.

Is there any other constant 12v power source I can wire from?

Also if anyone has a picture of the wiring harness for my tC please attach

____

Last edited by MR_LUV; 06-29-2020 at 02:59 AM. Reason: Awarded 5 Year Badge
Old 12-29-2015, 04:30 PM
5 Year Member

Default Buying ideas

Hey guys I'm Jordan and I have a 2007 silver Scion tC. I'm not very creative and I don't really like the silver color of my car but I don't want to spend money on getting a paint job. Also I'm not very creative and I'm not sure what to buy for my car that would look good. I'm painting my calipers red and I'm buying cool overs to lower it. Other than that I'm clueless.
Old 01-05-2016, 03:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sbburning

I realize this is such a late reply, but those boxes are for a Viper Remote Start System. The 4103XV is the remote start itself. The other unit is to bypass/disengage the immobilizer so the car will start. Most modern cars have a chip in the key, which prevents the car from being started using a simple copy or by "hot-wiring". The chip is needed to activate the ignition and/or fuel system. The unit you have was programmed to simulate the signal generated by the key, fooling the car to think the key is in the ignition. It is necessary for all remote start systems in modern cars.
Old 01-21-2016, 11:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Question about brake pad shims
My shims are too rusty to be reuse. eBay have a set of front pads that comes with 1 shim each side.
But our tC comes with 2 shim each side.
Can I just use 1 shim each side?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Toyota-S...3D321425151724

Last edited by MR_LUV; 06-29-2020 at 03:01 AM. Reason: Awarded 15 Year Badge
Old 03-29-2016, 05:11 AM
5 Year Member

Default Stretch wheels

So I'm going with 18's on my Scion but I want a stretched look anyone know what tire size I should be looking at for the stretched look?
Old 03-29-2016, 04:58 PM
5 Year Member

Default No 1 Throttle Body hose 2006 tC..

Can some one tell me where this hose terminates looks like a drain to me, is that right?

____

Last edited by MR_LUV; 08-06-2021 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Awarded 5 Yr Badge
Old 07-30-2016, 10:32 AM
5 Year Member

Default Cleaning Tranny filter

Hey I'm doing a drain an refill. And I'm going to drop the Tranny pan and clean the mesh filter abd EVERYTHING.

What are all of the torque specs for the. Pan bolts, and filter bolt?
Old 01-15-2017, 07:06 PM

I just got a 2005 Scion I'm not the most knowledgeable about cars but I want to make my car a little faster what can I do
Old 01-16-2017, 04:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not much. Best thing you can do at this point is a quality intake, and exhaust and then have it tuned by Orange Virus Tuning. It'll make maybe 20 more HP.
Old 02-08-2017, 12:16 AM

Default Quick question

Has plans one replaced the timing chain on a 2008 Scion tC VTT-i manual. With out pulling the engine, I am trying to decided if it is possible. my tensioner is failing, she lost time the other day,
I now have 9 chain links between my cams, at top dead center, and the chain has about 1/2 inch play between the cams. also my best guess is the tensioner failed, but if you have any ideas of what else could have failed to get me in this boat please let me know

___

Last edited by MR_LUV; 06-29-2020 at 03:06 AM. Reason: typo
Old 05-12-2018, 03:41 AM
SL Member

I'm in tC Lounge (This site) for a while, I never own a tC (Not available in my country) but I do own Toyota Minivan that share ~70% part with tC. Am I ok to stay in tC Lounge ? Or should I move to 'All other vehicle' in the future post ?
Old 05-12-2018, 04:53 AM
Administrator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Administrator

Originally Posted by taoybb
I'm in tC Lounge (This site) for a while, I never own a tC (Not available in my country) but I do own Toyota Minivan that share ~70% part with tC. Am I ok to stay in tC Lounge? Or should I move to 'All other vehicle' in the future post ?
Hello taoybb,

We don't have Specifically have a Toyota Minivan Category. And the 'All other vehicle' is for Concepts and Non-Toyota Vehicles.

So you are Welcome to Browse and Post Here.

Thank you.

MR_LUV
Administrator
Scion Life

Old 05-12-2018, 04:55 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by MR_LUV
Hello taoybb,

We don't have Specifically a Toyota Minivan Category. And the 'All other vehicle' is for Concepts and Non-Toyota Vehicles.

So you are Welcome to Browse and Post Here.

Thank you.

MR_LUV
Administrator
Scion Life

Thanks you MR_LUV
Old 06-29-2020, 02:07 AM
SL Member

Default HVAC Wiring

I have seen posts on here stating that there is a “sticky” for the HVAC wiring.
New here, not real sure what that means.

Can someone point me in the right direction please? 2009 tC.

____

Last edited by MR_LUV; 06-29-2020 at 03:09 AM.
Old 09-13-2020, 02:02 PM
SL Member

Default LED bulbs..Tail Light issue..

I bought the flashing tail light LED bulbs for my 07 Scion. I put them in.
They work and flash when I brake but they don't stay Red with lights on at night only when braking.
Also threw my ABS Light on twice.

How do I fix this problem? Can't find answers anywhere. Other then load resistors.

____

Last edited by MR_LUV; 09-13-2020 at 02:18 PM.
Old 09-13-2020, 02:13 PM
Administrator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Administrator

Originally Posted by Bochandler
I have seen posts on here stating that there is a “sticky” for the HVAC wiring.
New here, not real sure what that means. Can someone point me in the right direction please? 2009 tC.
Sticky * tC : HVAC / Climate Control LED Conversion Guide

MR_LUV

Old 08-06-2021, 03:27 PM
SL Member

Default 1st Gen/2006 tC repair manual .pdf?

I figured I would bump this thread up since it is a good idea to have a place for stuff like this. I have a question I'm hoping some of you may be able to help me with?

Does anyone know of a source for a .pdf copy of tC factory repair manual? I've looked around and it seems any of the older links no longer work. Anything I've found that is recent seems to be scam sites I'm gun-shy of downloading from.

Just seeing if I can access the information online before dropping the coin to find an original set of the manuals. My tC is a 2006 I would really be ecstatic to locate either a download or something like that.

I figured it doesn't hurt to ask. If nothing else I will dig around on eBay and see if I can find a set. Right now I'm mostly in need of the engine volume but will eventually need all three. Or if any of you have any good sources for this type of info I would greatly appreciate a nudge in the right direction.

Thanks...
Old 08-07-2021, 02:02 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

This website has a Paypal link. This doesn't guarantee the download is legit but the website won't get your payment info. I think Paypal has buyer protection so you can get a refund if you're ripped off.

Download 2005-2010 Toyota Scion TC Service Repair Manual. (dardoor.com)

Quick Reply: Small Questions Thread (Use this instead of creating new threads)