Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

TCpete // the Pursuit of Function and Form..

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 04:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

very clean looking vehicle.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looking good.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

shiz looks hot pete!!

i love the raggy recaros!! LOL DONT FIX THEM
Old 08-17-2008, 03:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tcridinclean
petes car is actually always dirty lol

it used to say my vvti=ballin on his rear bumper written in dirt

that was way back in the day
FALSE

the only time my car was dirty was right before my wedding which was 3-4 months that i didnt have time to wash it because i was busy planning a wedding with my wife and buying / fixing up the house i purchased which needed alot of work and i had no time to myself....

now that thats over i wash the car religiously.... and it always stays clean... u can ask ppl at the meet last time i went how spotless it was... even the dents have been fixed and car looks immacualte minus the front bumper scratch from when the lady hit me...

like u said that was way back in the day and its never been that dirty since nor it will be again thanks!

Originally Posted by Farcus001
looks real good but i don't know why you have your wheel/rim so small for.
they are 17's... how is that small?? gtfo here witht hat shyt bro lol... im not a parking lot stunner rolling on 18's+ just because they look pretty... function > fashion didnt i argue with you before because you didnt know the difference in performance between 17's and 18s' lol....

Originally Posted by chicotunner07
shiz looks hot pete!!

i love the raggy recaros!! LOL DONT FIX THEM
lololol...thanks man!!!! i dunno.. they look G all raged cuz i put them to use but at the same time they need some TLC so they can last for years to come u know.... no worries... im already looking at a 2nd set
Old 08-17-2008, 03:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

vice nice pete!
Old 08-17-2008, 03:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks man... ^^^ you have one of my all time favorite tc's on here. ..love how the polish came out on the vs'xx's
Old 08-17-2008, 04:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TCpete
Originally Posted by Farcus001
looks real good but i don't know why you have your wheel/rim so small for.
they are 17's... how is that small?? gtfo here witht hat shyt bro lol... im not a parking lot stunner rolling on 18's+ just because they look pretty... function > fashion didnt i argue with you before because you didnt know the difference in performance between 17's and 18s' lol....
Old 08-17-2008, 04:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

pete? do you have any tips or suggestions on how to keep the front end looking immaculate? I have tons of chiips and bug residue on my front bumper. Do you use a clear bra or anything?
Old 08-17-2008, 05:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no clear bra here.. i have chips also from driving 40 miles a day on the expressway in heavy traffic.. its hard especially for any tc thats light colored.. SW, silver, baby blue...

best thing is to just wipe it down every few days with a meguires car wash with the additive to take off bugs and road tar.. then just wax it every once in a while.. theres not much that can be done... the clear bras are great but when u take them off they sometimes bakethemselves on the paint or they leave yellowish residue on the bumper which is a PITA to take off.. also with time the color fades so u might have an inconsistency in color from what was covered in clear bra VS no covered...

no mater what with time theres nothing u can lol... just repaint is the only solution to keeping it brand new.. or just dont drive it much lol.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

haha, thanks for the quick reply man.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

no clear bra here.. i have chips also from driving 40 miles a day on the expressway in heavy traffic.. its hard especially for any tc thats light colored.. SW, silver, baby blue...

best thing is to just wipe it down every few days with a meguires car wash with the additive to take off bugs and road tar.. then just wax it every once in a while.. theres not much that can be done... the clear bras are great but when u take them off they sometimes bakethemselves on the paint or they leave yellowish residue on the bumper which is a PITA to take off.. also with time the color fades so u might have an inconsistency in color from what was covered in clear bra VS no covered...

no mater what with time theres nothing u can lol... just repaint is the only solution to keeping it brand new.. or just dont drive it much lol.
theres nothin "baby" about my AP pete,

i feel ur pain, in pics my car looks immaculate, in person my front bumper looks like poo

so much construction around where i live and on the turnpike has left spots of tar on my wheels and on the side skirts

construction and highway dump trucks FTMFL
Old 08-17-2008, 08:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

petes car is actually always dirty lol

it used to say my vvti=ballin on his rear bumper written in dirt

that was way back in the day
FALSE

the only time my car was dirty was right before my wedding which was 3-4 months that i didnt have time to wash it because i was busy planning a wedding with my wife and buying / fixing up the house i purchased which needed alot of work and i had no time to myself....

now that thats over i wash the car religiously.... and it always stays clean... u can ask ppl at the meet last time i went how spotless it was... even the dents have been fixed and car looks immacualte minus the front bumper scratch from when the lady hit me...

like u said that was way back in the day and its never been that dirty since nor it will be again thanks!
thats true i remember seeing your car at the after party like WTF its finally clean lol
Old 08-18-2008, 01:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by chicotunner07

theres nothin "baby" about my AP pete,

i feel ur pain, in pics my car looks immaculate, in person my front bumper looks like poo

so much construction around where i live and on the turnpike has left spots of tar on my wheels and on the side skirts

construction and highway dump trucks FTMFL
i have the same problem.. i had to swurve the other day on the road because a semi truck blew out its tires and a peice landed in my lane.. i dodged it from the front but it still rolled under me on the side and scuffed of my side skirt lol.. took off a giant strip of paint from the underside.. u cant see it from up close but when u look under neath you can see it.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Lookin good man

But yea, why would you buy 17" rims, that's just retaaaaarded small !!!!
Old 08-18-2008, 05:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^lol
Old 08-18-2008, 05:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

youre on SSPs right? how far from the bottom of the coilover threads are you?
Old 08-18-2008, 05:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i thought pete was on basics?
Old 08-18-2008, 05:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

he is
Old 08-18-2008, 06:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What can I say man, I love it. So clean, nice choice in suspension too
Old 08-18-2008, 06:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

he is
FALSE.. i took the basics off months ago and now im on ssp's... who ever is telling you what i have must be slacking as ive changed alot of things on my car...

Originally Posted by HKSpeed
youre on SSPs right? how far from the bottom of the coilover threads are you?
i still have plenty of thread left.. atleast an inch.. for some reason i dont have the typical problem others have with slamming the car... i know tein revised the ssp's for the tc since alot of ppl were having issues with going lower and keeping shock travel smooth like the basics.. so it could be i got one of the newer sets... im still debating on going back to the basics as i had another .5 inch of travel and lowering on them vs the ssp's.. but i am liking the variance in settings... but then again... i had custom ordered springs for the basics and it rode the fk out nicely...

my friend has them on his tc now... we just did an even swap and we havent traded back lol...

Quick Reply: TCpete // the Pursuit of Function and Form..