2005-2010 [ANT10]

Thinking about trading the tC for the Eclipse 06

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 11:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Thinking about trading the tC for the Eclipse 06

I just saw the new 06 eclipse at the mitsubishi dealer, and now I am obsessed over it. Its such a beautiful piece of machinery. Its even nicer in person than in pictures. And the price is very comparable to the tC (similarly equipped minus the panarama roof). If this car were on the market 5 months ago when I bought the tC, it would be a no brainer. But I am worried about the big loss I will have to take and I am not sure I can justify it. Has anyone else traded in their new tC, and how much did you lose out on the deal?
Old 05-25-2005, 11:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Comparable to the tC in price??? No way. Starts at over $19k. Check out the site: http://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMSA/M...&1117064664925
Old 05-25-2005, 11:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ack154
Comparable to the tC in price??? No way. Starts at over $19k. Check out the site: http://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMSA/M...&1117064664925
But dont forget that they dont have pure pricing. So take away 2-3K off the sticker

And I paid 18,500 sticker for my tC. (before tax and fees)
Old 05-25-2005, 11:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Good luck with that.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wouldn't take that new Eclipse if they handed me one for free. Horrible looking car.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:59 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by jaydub
I wouldn't take that new Eclipse if they handed me one for free. Horrible looking car.
yeah right...i would take it...263 HP on that car....it's not that bad lookin either...but i like my super white tC as it is...
Old 05-26-2005, 12:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Youre kidding right? Its soooo hot! But the rear has absolutely no room. Its good as long as you dont have passengers over 3 ft tall. But anyway, its just wishful thinking at the moment. Ive gotta do some number crunching to see if i can afford to switch at the moment since I am buying a house soon. Plus, Ive kinda bonded to my tC. Choices choices *sigh*

Old 05-26-2005, 12:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by larfboy
yeah right...i would take it...263 HP on that car....it's not that bad lookin either...but i like my super white tC as it is...
Only on the GT model (starts at like $23k I think). The GS has 162.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:09 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I owe 15,700 on my TC , I looked it up on KBB for dealer trade and it came up 14,500 or something like that. So figure how much you owe and a dealer will give you 14 something for the car and thats your lose could be alot. Tax and title not included.

That ride is hot, I want a turbo so I can bang out the v6's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-26-2005, 12:13 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Aren't mitsubishi crap cars? The tC is hotter though, I don't like the tails.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Captain tC
Youre kidding right? Its soooo hot! But the rear has absolutely no room. Its good as long as you dont have passengers over 3 ft tall. But anyway, its just wishful thinking at the moment. Ive gotta do some number crunching to see if i can afford to switch at the moment since I am buying a house soon. Plus, Ive kinda bonded to my tC. Choices choices *sigh*

Hey, is that the front or the back? jk.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:16 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Technology and cars especially only get better and different every year, so even in a few years when they re-design the tC everyone will be like "Damnit! I knew I should have waited!", the best thing to do is take care of what you got. The tC is a more than decent car to have, and to be apart of its "First Release" party is pretty cool in itself. I dont care what anyone says I will hate Eclipses till the day I die including this knew junker by my favorite Mit____bishi.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:16 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The quality of Mitsubishi is very questionable. Warranty can easily be voided with mod. to the vehicle (happened to some evo owners)

And the resale value just can't be compared with a toyota.

Personally, I think you would lose alot more than the trade-in they give you...
Think twice before you make the move...
Old 05-26-2005, 12:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I looked at kbb for my cars value and it said its still worth 17K. There is no way in hell I will see anything close to that. i am thinking 14-15 is more reasonable. But its nice to know the kbb value holds up pretty well. (kinda like the honda civic)

To the comments about Mitsubishis being crap. I dont agree. Their reputation is good but definitely not as good as Toyota or Honda.

I can speak from experience being a former brand new galant owner for 5 years and not a single problem, rattle, squeek or creak. And it was the smoothest and most quiet car I have driven. I literally had "0" complaints about that mitsu.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Mitisubishi is headed down hill. I give them maybe three more years then the drop off. And yes they are for the most part crap cars. There are a few exceptions like the Evo and maybe the new Eclipse, they are pretty well built but not as good as Toyota. And yes they do lose their warrenty way to easy. Nice looking car though. Tough decision.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ask any owner of a old mist...me included, most of us on club3g will never own another eclipse again...
Old 05-26-2005, 12:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Take what you said about purchasing a house soon...more that likely you are going to finance the house rather than purchase it up front. House payments are way bigger I'll tell you that right now. Just bite the bullet on the tC. Heck, I wish I could drive a tC, but can't even afford that as of now. Being "stuck" with a tC is not a bad thing. Good things come to those who wait my friend. If you finance a car for x amount of months, it's to be paid in x amounts of months. If you terminated the financing earlier, there are penalties for paying it sooner for ending the fiancing term. Think about it.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I saw a red eclipse yesturday. I thought i looked like crap. Didn't like it at all. Plus it looks like it was made for offroading. Anyone else think it sits up way too high? Fugly
Old 05-26-2005, 12:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Fixtion
If you finance a car for x amount of months, it's to be paid in x amounts of months. If you terminated the financing earlier, there are penalties for paying it sooner for ending the fiancing term. Think about it.
nope, with a simple interest loan there is no prepayment penalty. you only pay for the interest that you used during the term of the loan. do not, and i repeat, do not sign a loan that designates you pay the total loan interest whether or not you pay early. (they may say your credit dictates that but it doesn't. shop the loan). scam dude. that is a sucker loan, no disrespect. just shop and buy informed.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

if you thought the tc was fat, check how much the new eclipse weigh

Quick Reply: Thinking about trading the tC for the Eclipse 06