2005-2010 [ANT10]

Tire pressure light but no monitors in tires

Old 09-03-2015, 02:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Default Tire pressure light but no monitors in tires

I've had my TC since 05 and have long ago sold the stock tires and tire pressure sensor along with them. Since then every set of tires I have been getting i do not buy any TP sensors. Light has been off and stayed off for years.

However, low and behold today the Tire Pressure light on the dash lights up out of the blue. I recently got new tires (500 miles ago). I checked all my tires and pressure is fine, what's weird is that i'm pretty sure I don't have pressure sensors in them unless the shop threw them in without telling me.

What would cause the light to come up after all this time?
Old 09-03-2015, 07:02 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by gqdabien
I've had my TC since 05 and have long ago sold the stock tires and tire pressure sensor along with them. Since then every set of tires I have been getting i do not buy any TP sensors. Light has been off and stayed off for years.

However, low and behold today the Tire Pressure light on the dash lights up out of the blue. I recently got new tires (500 miles ago). I checked all my tires and pressure is fine, what's weird is that i'm pretty sure I don't have pressure sensors in them unless the shop threw them in without telling me.

What would cause the light to come up after all this time?
Could be malfunction supposed to turn on when tpms is not present. Try resetting the light I believe the reset button it is in the glove compartment
Old 09-04-2015, 03:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If I remember correctly in 2005 and 2006 the TPMS system used the abs sensors to detect changes in wheel speed over time versus the newer systems that use actual sensors in the tires. Do you have the owners manual? If not I can try and find mine and send you an image of the reset process. It is something they recommend doing when you mount new tires and/or adjust pressure.
Old 09-17-2015, 09:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Thanks guys almost forgot about that pressure button. Weird that it would light up after all this time. I reset it last week and hasn't come back since