Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

window off track

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 02:03 PM

Unhappy window off track

so the other day the wind caught my drive'rs side door and slamed it open really hard. when i closed it it wasn't as easy to do it. when i went to get back in, it felt like it was caught on something. so i pulled it open and got in. when i rolled the window down it wouldn't go back up! i pulled the panel off, took off the speaker and looked inside and the track was bent to hell! seems the door stop got bent from slaming open and it caught the guide when i opened it. long story short, you can't purchase the inside guide from the dealer because it's "part of the door". gonna try to cut the spot welds on the top of the guide and take the bolt off the bottom and straighten it out the best i can. already tried to do it by taking the door off, taking the door stop and speaker off and straightening it that way but can't do it perfect. so the window still falls out when it opens all the way. if i can't get it out of the door without hurting something then gonna rig it so window won't go all the way down. if i can. thanks for listening.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

same thing happen to me to the passenger side door. Lucky my uncle was able to hammer that rail back to its shape.

Name:  Photo0168.jpg
Views: 1763
Size:  103.5 KB

He drilled those 4 holes and hammered the window rail back into its original shape. He used club hammer, cold chisels, big screwdriver, and pliers to bend it.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Same for me, driver side. I took my car in for a state inspection sticker, and when the kid brought it back, the window wouldn't go up all the way. It was in the winter, thought something was frozen inside the door.
Took the door panel off, found the T end of the door stop had come in contact with the front window track, pulled it and bent it to hell.
I pulled the speaker out and was able to reach in to form and bend the window track back into somewhat original shape, not easy. Had to cut out one really f'd up part with a dremel. PITA!