Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Bad Vibration and shaking

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 03:21 PM

Default Bad Vibration and shaking

I have a 2008 Scion tc and recently have a really bad vibration & shaking in my right front wheel area. I know it is not the tire, thought it was so had new one put on, and has gotten worse over last month. It shakes right from the moment car starts moving and gets worse as speed increases. When turning/merging to right it goes away & is bad when going straight, and worse to the left. Can anyone help me with this issue and wonder if problem is something I could fix on my own. I have ideas, but really could use your help. Thx for your time!
Old 02-20-2015, 05:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Probably a bad tie rod. Is this really too hard for your tire shop guy to diagnose? It's not rocket science.
Old 02-23-2015, 06:26 PM

If it is the tie rod, is that something possible that can be replaced fairly easily or should I have a garage do it? I'm really good at figuring out how to repair, but don't know how extensive of a job it is? Guessing obviously? Is it possible that's its something else? Ex....spindle or bearings?
Old 02-23-2015, 10:15 PM
5 Year Member

Well when I had my tC the whole car was messed up from a accident (Landed in a ditch at 70 mph) but it ended up being shifted belts in the rear tires and a bad control arm in the ft right.
Old 02-24-2015, 01:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sounds like a cv shaft. Go to a real mechanic, they'll figure it out for you.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

x2 on cv shaft that might be bent causing the vibration issues. or it can be a bent control arm..have a shop put it on a lift and find out what the problem is. you dont want to go guessing around especially when it's suspension components.
Old 03-01-2015, 06:39 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tCjosh
x2 on cv shaft that might be bent causing the vibration issues. or it can be a bent control arm..have a shop put it on a lift and find out what the problem is. you dont want to go guessing around especially when it's suspension components.
I am curious if steering noise is in my column is related to possible CV issues? I was told i need to replace both the drivers and passenger side. I know there is a bracket attached to the drivers side and steering column, so curious if that could be the culprit?
Old 03-05-2015, 10:43 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Anyone got any input on this at all? I am kind of at my breaking point with the Cv issues and considering trading in the car because of it.
Old 03-06-2015, 03:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You might try starting a new thread with details. You haven't really provided much to go on.
Old 03-09-2015, 05:27 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bentheswift
You might try starting a new thread with details. You haven't really provided much to go on.
Well not much more to say i don't think. If a mechanic already said i needed to replace CV on both sides what "other" details am I missing? I already asked if anyone thought the bracket might be the problem... besides starting another thread on the same topic seems redundant considering I have already acknowledged I am having similar noises?