Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

choosing coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 05:55 PM

Default choosing coilovers

Okay so recently I've begun looking for coilovers. My crisis is that I want some coilovers that give the same look as these Raceland coils. I would get Raceland but for obvious sketchy reason, I just don't want to risk it. I've read and read about what's best but not knowing much about them doesn't help me decide. Looking for something that sits like this
Old 10-29-2014, 03:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Low end Tein's make a decently priced coilover. Otherwise, just get the racelands. They are fine. They just aren't meant for tracking. If you are just using them to be lower and cruise around, they'll be fine for what you need, and they'll go low enough to stance you up like that picture, but a lot of that picture is dependent on wheel offset, and that back looks a tad cambered.
Old 11-01-2014, 02:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have Stance coils, and I'm really enjoying them. Granted, I'm not terribly low because I prefer function to form, but I know these can go quite low. Best price I found was from THmotorsports using the coupon code on their website. The fronts are a true inverted monotube design, which is surprising at that price point.
Old 01-26-2015, 04:28 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Any true coilover system will adjust ride height that low. Just depends on how much you have to spend. Tein street basis are pretty cheap
Old 02-03-2015, 05:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Do NOT go raceland if you want to do anything but go low. Their ride quality isn't bad, they ride just a "soft" as stock, but they do not have the nicer struts that a lot of coilover brands have. I am on my second set of Function & Form Type II's. I bought my first set used a few years ago, and when they went bad, I bought a new set. Love Them! I know guys who have run Tein Basics and had no issue at all. I like the F&F cause of the camber plates up front and the adjustable dampening. I know people who SWEAR by BC coilovers too, so it's all in what you want to spend, and how hard you are on your car.
Old 02-04-2015, 01:57 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Tein's super streets are 32 way adjustable dampening I believe as well. Not much more than the street basis