Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Front wheels shifted left...

Old 07-23-2015, 06:58 AM

Exclamation Front wheels shifted left...

Hello.

I was wondering if you fellow scion life members could help give me an idea of what could be wrong with my tc. It seems that the driver side wheel is pushed out more and the passenger side wheel is pushed inwards. Alignment is fine, but the appearance of the wheel is not. I've attached some images to give you an idea of what I am talking about. My car is salvaged and that accident had in fact occurred on the passenger side, thus may have caused the wheel alignment to shift, but is there any way of verifying if this is fixable? I understand there could be some frame damage, but is the car worth fixing if there were in fact frame/subframe damage? I also would like to know, how will I be able to check myself to see if there are frame damage.

This is the driver side with it pushed out.

This is the passenger side with it pushed in.

No, I do not have any wheel spacers and the offset of the wheels are all the same.
Let me know what you guys think. If it really is a frame damage, is it even worth repairing?
Old 07-23-2015, 02:15 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Post a pic of the alignment readings or tell us what they are
Old 07-23-2015, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by mc1114
Post a pic of the alignment readings or tell us what they are
I actually lost the alignment readings... but I did go to an alignment shop and they said my alignment seem fine. The only thing they noticed was the driver side had a slight negative camber. He said he didn't see or think theres any frame damage. The car drives fine, but I don't like how one side of the wheel is pushed out further than the other.

Im going to take it to the dealer and see if they can give me a better insight of what could be damaged.

The rear wheels seems fine.

Depending on the camera angle, its about 1" measuring from the wheel out to the fender.

As for the front...

Sorry for the image angles, tiny pic rotates it I guess. It appears differently on my phone.
Old 07-25-2015, 05:19 PM
5 Year Member

I see damage to your quarter panel and rear bumper. If your alignment specs are fine and you don't have any uneven wear on that tire, its probably the quarter. Who ever fixed it might not have returned it to its correct lines or it might be warped from what ever you did to it, though i do not see any dents other than scratches. Whats up with the bumper gap? Post more pics with angles.