Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Official Raceland Coilovers Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 07:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Scionara
SL Member

Originally Posted by bluemex
finally joined the Raceland band. first of I would like to say no squeaks no rattles or rubs. I was expecting the ride to be bouncy and all over the place...but no the ride is actually good. it does have bounce but nothing crazy and makes it feel more sporty i can actually go a lot lower still but i like the way it sits and looks. my rear is tucking a little bit but nothing extreme like others on here. no rubbing and no fender rolling done. ill ride like this for little bit and enjoy it but maybe in near future i will go lower. first time coil overs, first time raceland..im happy with my purchase.
Old 06-25-2014, 12:38 AM
5 Year Member

Ive had these on for a little over a month! After rolling fenders and trimming some stuff I'm at 4 threads in the rear and 5 in the front! Im pretty happy with it!
Old 07-09-2014, 05:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Scionara
SL Member

been having this issue for a while now ... but just never posted it. But I used to have TEIN HTECH the gold ones and the car was actually very responsive when it comes to handeling. Now with these coilovers I thought it would be better handling if not the same..but its completely opposite. The response is so bad. At times I try to dodge a pot hole and it has so much body roll that I almost feel like im going out of control. I know they are the cheaper way of going low but I just want to make sure its normal with these coils. thanks!
Old 10-19-2014, 10:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Has anyone rode on the new ultimos?
Old 11-25-2014, 05:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wondering the same thing
Old 01-03-2015, 06:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

anyone......
Old 01-04-2015, 10:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Well from reading the product description...it just has 15% higher spring rates and dampening. If anyone is thinking about purchasing I'd recommend just saving a little more to get a different brand which has much more adjustability. I've driven my buddies car that had racelands and was not impressed with the ride and at the time I was on TRD shocks with Tein H-tech springs. I ended up saving some cash to purchase some BC Coilovers. My other buddies who bought the regular racelands coilovers also agree that it's all for show then performance.
Old 01-06-2015, 01:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xdejablu3x
Well from reading the product description...it just has 15% higher spring rates and dampening. If anyone is thinking about purchasing I'd recommend just saving a little more to get a different brand which has much more adjustability. I've driven my buddies car that had racelands and was not impressed with the ride and at the time I was on TRD shocks with Tein H-tech springs. I ended up saving some cash to purchase some BC Coilovers. My other buddies who bought the regular racelands coilovers also agree that it's all for show then performance.
As a Tein SS-P Coilover user who has ridden in a buddy's car with RLs, I can confirm.
Old 01-06-2015, 07:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks.

that price is soo tempting lol
Old 01-09-2015, 03:51 PM

Default ultimos

Originally Posted by tracysilverscion
Yeah I just put them on my 07 tc and there nice.. ride pretty smooth too great for my daily driver.
Definently better than stock in my opinion handles great...
Old 01-09-2015, 06:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by TRD93
thanks.

that price is soo tempting lol
The price is really indeed tempting. I almost bought some back when they first came out for our generation. I'm pleased I didn't though. Especially where I'm currently located, being pretty low with craptastic roads, my coilovers having camber adjustability and as well as dampening adjustability saved me the headache of "no" adjustability what so ever.
Old 02-04-2015, 12:07 AM
5 Year Member

Does anyone have the instructions for the tc2 ones? I just got mine and they didn't come with any instructions. I've read pretty much this whole thread and I just want to know if you could post pictures of the instructions or send them to me. I just don't want to miss anything in the process of installing them I've read about all the little tips on the install but some say you don't need to do some of those and vice versa. If someone could give me a straight up list of the things I need to do so I don't run into any problems in the future I would greatly appreciate it. Please don't flame and tell me to go read because I already did I just want to have a set of instructions to go with in the install.
Old 06-06-2015, 03:41 PM

Gonna resurrect this thread. People that posted here should have a lot of miles on them right now and I would like to hear them. Prices have gone up since I see people got them for 250 now they are 349 and 399
Old 06-06-2015, 11:30 PM

Default I second the resurrection

I have 09 RS5 with TRD springs stock struts, rear sway on race, ARK front tower brace and the rear feels so loose at points I have to back out. wondering if these offer any gain over strut/spring or if paying dbl is the way to go... the car has more to give but the rear can't hang any info? Or advice the front holds its own the rear loses at speed. Looks are second to performance since I have 2 10lbers in the rear and spray often
Old 06-09-2015, 03:13 AM
5 Year Member

I took the plunge, today, and ordered a set. I actually paid $433.36 including shipping & handling. Question is ... I have stock 16 in. steelies with the hubcaps. I want to know what size spacers will make me practically flush ... obviously, I can't hellaflush it cuz the tire isn't stretched. I'm running on factory sized tires. I intend to get my hands on a set of bronze 16x8 wheels with 25 offset, but can't seem to find any. I hope that'll stretch my tires sufficient to allow for hellaflush ... I live in the Northeast where the import scene is practically dead, and there are no reputable shops in Philadelphia to my knowledge. I've only lived here for a little over a year, and I don't get out much. Please help me.
Old 07-04-2015, 01:59 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tracysilverscion
Not trying to resurrect a thread. But I'm on raceland ultimos now and I love them. Had them for 5000 miles now and no problems. Maxed 4" all the way around and I couldn't be happier. Still want to go moar low though. Anyone ever removed the first locking collar on these before. I've seen guys do it on rokkors but never on raceland. I don't wanna do it and then mess something up.
Old 08-05-2015, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Tjaye2013
Not trying to resurrect a thread. But I'm on raceland ultimos now and I love them. Had them for 5000 miles now and no problems. Maxed 4" all the way around and I couldn't be happier. Still want to go moar low though. Anyone ever removed the first locking collar on these before. I've seen guys do it on rokkors but never on raceland. I don't wanna do it and then mess something up.
Im also on ultimos but my rear is not maxed cuz its going to be much lower than the front. I also want to go lower so let me know if someone tried it out.
Old 02-04-2016, 01:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Scionara
SL Member

i resurrected the thread !!

anyone here have the hks exhaust and lowered all the way to max? trying to find a pic of what it looks like and if it rubs. i know hks exhaust sits lower then trd which is what i have.
Old 08-07-2017, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by 2fast4you
If it looks too good to be true, it's probably on eBay.
I have had mine on for a test and a half and nothing has changed. At first I bought them to save up for some BC coilovers but after a year went by i never had a problem with them so I ended up using that money else where l, and the coilovers still goin strong after another 6 almost 7 months later