Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Replacement strut/spring assembly

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2015, 02:46 AM

Default Replacement strut/spring assembly

Hi, looking to replace ALL 4 springs/struts in my ex's 07 tC. The car has 134k miles, city miles mostly, and these are in desperate need of changing. I am looking into a compleat, put together setup and would like some info on people's experience with parts and the company's who sell them.
OEM or KYB is best? Quality parts are most important to me.
I found one set up here but never herd of them;
05 10 Scion TC New Quick Complete Struts Shocks Coils Springs w Mounts X4 | eBay.
Any info is greatly apreciated. I have found that the OEM and KYB run on average $450 for everything which is fair to me.
Thank you very much for your time, goatbelly.
Old 07-11-2015, 11:54 PM
5 Year Member

Check the forums / Craigslist. There are lots of people selling their original shocks & struts after lowering it.

BTW for your ex??? Friend-zone!
Old 07-12-2015, 10:13 AM

Thanks Constellation. I am looking to get her a new set all the way around. The ones I highlighted from eBay are a no for me as I have read they are junk after six months telling me low quality parts are put into the manufacturing of this product. dealership is crazy for prices and she loves her car so quality coil overs are priority.
I am not sure what Friend-zone is though. I am 45 so??? Put it this way, I just purchased a new RS6 Wagon, new toy for hauling the doge around. The tC is used for hauling the dogs and when I drove her car to en event I herd the coil over in the rear banging around giving me an excuse for getting my new toy, I mean dog taxi. Yeh that's what I meant.