Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Review TRD sway bar and TRD springs

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 07:36 PM
5 Year Member

Default Review TRD sway bar and TRD springs

Thought I would post a review now that these two parts have been on my car for a few months.

The difference is night and day. Especially with the sway bar.

The sway bar I would say is a must have for anyone who would like to modify there tc. The feeling of firmness it gives is significant especially when switching lanes at highway speed. Huge improvement over stock. Cheap part and quick install. Love it!!

TRD springs. They make the car so the front looks a inch or so higher than the back. This is strictly visual because the of the way the car cutout is shaped. Performance wise this is a great setup if you do not mind visually it looking a little bit higher. The visual aspect does bother me a little but I have gotten used to it. When I first put the springs on they were very stiff after a week or two they have mellowed out to slightly stiffer than stock and now I love them. They also took a bit to settle down in height. The height they are at now is perfect for living in chicago. Not too low not too high. If I lived somewhere with better roads I would want it a little lower though.
Old 07-16-2014, 04:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Glade to hear you like them. I still my TRD sway bar but have upgraded my suspension twice. I used to run Tein H-techs with TRD shocks but now run BC Coilovers because I wanted adjustability. I recommend you upgrade your shocks to TRD or Tokico because you'll degrade your OEM ones faster.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by henry54321
Thought I would post a review now that these two parts have been on my car for a few months.

The difference is night and day. Especially with the sway bar.

The sway bar I would say is a must have for anyone who would like to modify there tc. The feeling of firmness it gives is significant especially when switching lanes at highway speed. Huge improvement over stock. Cheap part and quick install. Love it!!

TRD springs. They make the car so the front looks a inch or so higher than the back. This is strictly visual because the of the way the car cutout is shaped. Performance wise this is a great setup if you do not mind visually it looking a little bit higher. The visual aspect does bother me a little but I have gotten used to it. When I first put the springs on they were very stiff after a week or two they have mellowed out to slightly stiffer than stock and now I love them. They also took a bit to settle down in height. The height they are at now is perfect for living in chicago. Not too low not too high. If I lived somewhere with better roads I would want it a little lower though.
asking about the rear trd sway bar...
so how did it improve your steering? and how does it feel different compared to stock? I'm thinking of the upgrade and wanted some more info on how it changed your car. I know what you said just want some more details