Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Revitalization of my tC's brakes

Old 02-12-2015, 02:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Revitalization of my tC's brakes

I'm finally getting around to "upgrading" my brakes! I've been running OEM rotors for over 65k miles with TRD pads up front. Now, there is a little pulsation in the pedal so I figured "hey, why not just replace everything?" So, I picked up Centrix premium rotors for all four corners along with EBC Greenstuff pads for all four corners, Dezod brake lines, and new Motul RBF600 fluid! Done. It's been a long time coming. I hope I can break in the new parts before end of March. I'm hoping to hit up Road ATL by then with the new package.
Old 02-17-2015, 05:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice keep us updated- my car just hit 100k and I'm thinking of upgrading the brakes too!
Old 02-27-2015, 01:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Almost are the parts are on the car now! I am still waiting for the rear pads - I was unaware they were none available in the country at time of purchase. Its just sitting on jackstands now. The March SCCA HPDE might not happen now. Oh well. It will give me plenty of time to get everything broken in and ready to rock.
Old 02-27-2015, 01:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What were you planning on doing to the brakes?
Old 03-23-2015, 08:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

And finally installed along with the pads appropriately bedded!!! Brakes are amazing and bite really nice on the initial compression of the brake pedal. I'm thrilled to have less cushy brakes. I missed the PDX at Road Atlanta due to rain (not great tires) but hopefully I can find something in April to really put them through the paces. Overall, nice set up and come to find out, my rears were no where close to needing replacement
Old 04-07-2015, 09:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TotalChaos
And finally installed along with the pads appropriately bedded!!! Brakes are amazing and bite really nice on the initial compression of the brake pedal. I'm thrilled to have less cushy brakes. I missed the PDX at Road Atlanta due to rain (not great tires) but hopefully I can find something in April to really put them through the paces. Overall, nice set up and come to find out, my rears were no where close to needing replacement
sounds like you got the good stuff! yeah after almost 10 years of having my tC, I had to replace all the calipers.. They had finally worn out. Not bad though!! a decade of usage! And you're right, once everything is fixed, the pedal feel/brake performance is amazing! I'm running carbon/kevlar performance pads all around and just recently replaced all the brake hoses as well.