Notices

2005 Release Series 1.0 Scion tC Rim Crack

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 02:51 AM

Default 2005 Release Series 1.0 Scion tC Rim Crack

Hey guys, new here.

I recently purchased a 2005 Scion tC Release series 1.0 with 165,000 miles on it.

I've come to realize there is a slow leak on the drivers side front wheel and had it inspected and it was determined there was a crack in the rim.

I'm looking to replace it with the same rim but that is proving pretty difficult to do, Enkei doesn't have a replacement and Toyota doesn't seem to have any either..
I'm kinda new to the car scene and am still learning my way around. the closest thing I've been able to find is this:

Scion tC 2006 18" Wheel Rim 69538

However, it's for a 2006. It looks relatively the same and from what I can tell the size is correct. I wanted to double check with you guys though.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Last edited by MR_LUV; 10-22-2017 at 08:23 AM.
Old 01-25-2017, 04:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think it's the same wheel, but I don't think it's the same finish. The RS 1.0 is a gunmetal, while these will be a lighter silver color. Maybe you can contact a mobile wheel repair company. I had a crack in my oem wheels and had it straightened and welded up. The crack was on the inside face, so it isn't visible when mounted.
Old 01-25-2017, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by bbsciontc
I think it's the same wheel, but I don't think it's the same finish. The RS 1.0 is a gunmetal, while these will be a lighter silver color. Maybe you can contact a mobile wheel repair company. I had a crack in my oem wheels and had it straightened and welded up. The crack was on the inside face, so it isn't visible when mounted.

I was going to plastic dip them a matte black anyways so that wouldn't bother me too much. I will look into seeing if someone could do some welding to it but I'm fairly certain the crack goes from the back side to the front side.