Notices

Bridgestone-Ecopia EP422 PLUS any good?

Old 07-22-2015, 01:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Bridgestone-Ecopia EP422 PLUS any good?

Bridgestone-Ecopia EP422 PLUS
All Season
70,000 mile treadwear limited warranty
Extra 20 miles based on 400 miles per tank
Tire Size: 215/45R17 87V

$137 each with $70 discount, $14 installation per tire plus tax comes out to $600 total.

I especially like the 70k warranty and 20 extra miles per tank. Im not looking to race or for performance. I just want economy. These seem like a good deal to me.

My stock tires on stock rims say are:

Venezia 215/45ZR17-91W-XL

I dont know anything about tires but will those Brdigestone fit my stock rims? Im just confused because the Bridgestone say 45R17 87V where the current stock tires say 45ZR17-91W-XL

The letters are different.

So in the end two questions. Will the Bridgestone fit the stock rims and are the Bridgestone good tires for the money? I really just looking for long lasting reliable brand tires. Love the warranty and extra miles per tank.

I wanted to ask her before i order. Im a long time costco shopper and id like to buy from there unless there is another better option out there from you guys.

I have only like 5K miles left on the stock tires. Id appreciate any help from the tc pros. oh btw mine is a 2006 TC.
Old 07-26-2015, 11:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Luisfc1972
Bridgestone-Ecopia EP422 PLUS
All Season
70,000 mile treadwear limited warranty
Extra 20 miles based on 400 miles per tank
Tire Size: 215/45R17 87V

$137 each with $70 discount, $14 installation per tire plus tax comes out to $600 total.

I especially like the 70k warranty and 20 extra miles per tank. Im not looking to race or for performance. I just want economy. These seem like a good deal to me.

My stock tires on stock rims say are:

Venezia 215/45ZR17-91W-XL

I dont know anything about tires but will those Brdigestone fit my stock rims? Im just confused because the Bridgestone say 45R17 87V where the current stock tires say 45ZR17-91W-XL

The letters are different.

So in the end two questions. Will the Bridgestone fit the stock rims and are the Bridgestone good tires for the money? I really just looking for long lasting reliable brand tires. Love the warranty and extra miles per tank.

I wanted to ask her before i order. Im a long time costco shopper and id like to buy from there unless there is another better option out there from you guys.

I have only like 5K miles left on the stock tires. Id appreciate any help from the tc pros. oh btw mine is a 2006 TC.
The speed ratings can be found online.. V rated tires have a lower max speed than W-rated. But since W-rated tires are over 186mph and the tC isn't going to see that speed.. It comes down to construction of the tire. The higher speed ratings have stronger/thicker/beefier sidewall constructions to put up with the speeds they can handle. At "normal" legal speeds the extra construction gives more in the way of steering feel, handling. Since there are many variables this is a generalization. I wouldn't bother with a v-rated tire, even at that price!

My recommendation is to forget the ecopia tires, and look at Nitto's Motivo instead. It has a 60,000 mile warranty, is W-rated, and is the correct size 215/45-17. They are $111 at discount tire direct and free shipping!(separate business unit from the discount tire stores, that's the retail arm, direct is the online business).. I have these Motivo tires, excellent all year round, gained 2mpg with them, and they're wearing very very well. I have about 10,000 miles on them, and only 1/32" has worn away of the tread. They are comfortable, balanced up very well, no complaints! I was happy I finally found a tire good for all year round, handles well, rides well, and lasts! Plus the price was excellent.. I paid $122 for then 2 years ago.. Hope that helps you!

here's a link
Ratings, reviews and specifications for Nitto Motivo tires
Old 07-27-2015, 04:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sciontc_mich
The speed ratings can be found online.. V rated tires have a lower max speed than W-rated. But since W-rated tires are over 186mph and the tC isn't going to see that speed.. It comes down to construction of the tire. The higher speed ratings have stronger/thicker/beefier sidewall constructions to put up with the speeds they can handle. At "normal" legal speeds the extra construction gives more in the way of steering feel, handling. Since there are many variables this is a generalization. I wouldn't bother with a v-rated tire, even at that price!

My recommendation is to forget the ecopia tires, and look at Nitto's Motivo instead. It has a 60,000 mile warranty, is W-rated, and is the correct size 215/45-17. They are $111 at discount tire direct and free shipping!(separate business unit from the discount tire stores, that's the retail arm, direct is the online business).. I have these Motivo tires, excellent all year round, gained 2mpg with them, and they're wearing very very well. I have about 10,000 miles on them, and only 1/32" has worn away of the tread. They are comfortable, balanced up very well, no complaints! I was happy I finally found a tire good for all year round, handles well, rides well, and lasts! Plus the price was excellent.. I paid $122 for then 2 years ago.. Hope that helps you!

here's a link
i think you just sold me on those tires. but a couple questions.

can i have the tires shipped to a local costco and have them installed by them, paying their $15 fee per tire and i get their benefits of free tire rotations etc.?

i dont have the tools or want to install new tires on my car.
Old 07-27-2015, 02:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think you just sold me on those tires. but a couple questions.

can i have the tires shipped to a local costco and have them installed by them, paying their $15 fee per tire and i get their benefits of free tire rotations etc.?

i dont have the tools or want to install new tires on my car.
I'm not sure, have to ask discount tire direct about shipping them to costco.. I think they would ship them to you at your work or home instead, then you would take them over to costco to have them installed. you can install them anywhere you like. Glad I could help you with your decision, post up what you think of them when you get them..
Old 08-09-2015, 02:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm not sure, have to ask discount tire direct about shipping them to costco.. I think they would ship them to you at your work or home instead, then you would take them over to costco to have them installed. you can install them anywhere you like. Glad I could help you with your decision, post up what you think of them when you get them..
hey again. i was about to order the tires but costco wont install them because they dont sell them. i do like the perks of getting them installed there.

any places you know that will install and include costco perks like tire rotations etc. in the price range of $15 per tire?
Old 08-09-2015, 05:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey again. i was about to order the tires but costco wont install them because they dont sell them. i do like the perks of getting them installed there.

any places you know that will install and include costco perks like tire rotations etc. in the price range of $15 per tire?
um.. guess you could call around to different tire places near you to find out. I looked at the tire to what it could give me, performance, long wearing, ride, balancing (quality of the tire), price.. I never thought about paying someone to do that because I rotate the tires myself. I cared more about what the tire could give me. I'd suggest calling around to see who could do that for you. I wouldn't let costco and their dumb rules interfere with what tire you buy. keep us posted as to what ya find.
Old 08-10-2015, 10:32 AM
5 Year Member

Costco can install the tires you bought from other shop but I don't they will provide you with free tire rotations-- knowing that you didn't buy tires from them.
Old 09-09-2015, 10:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

here's a link
hey again. i was waiting for the right deal and i think i found it. i got this notification on slickdeals. i get a $100 off coupon if i buy from discount tire direct ebay. $368 total for all 4 tires.

heres the link

4 New 215 45 17 Nitto Motivo 45R R17 Tires | eBay

but i went down that page to compatibility and put my car in, 2006 scion tc and it says these tires are not compatible.....?????

what do you think?

Last edited by Luisfc1972; 09-09-2015 at 11:28 PM.
Old 10-22-2015, 12:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey again. i was waiting for the right deal and i think i found it. i got this notification on slickdeals. i get a $100 off coupon if i buy from discount tire direct ebay. $368 total for all 4 tires.

heres the link

4 New 215 45 17 Nitto Motivo 45R R17 Tires | eBay

but i went down that page to compatibility and put my car in, 2006 scion tc and it says these tires are not compatible.....?????

what do you think?
been away from this forum, just got the notification about this message.. that is discount tire direct's ebay store, same thing as buying from their own website. You had said you didn't want to buy from there because sams or costco wouldn't install them. I wouldn't care what costco or sams said they would install if they don't sell the brand I want to buy. There are a lot of tire installers around, including the dealer. But doesn't look like you need the tires in a hurry since this post has gone on for a long time..
Old 10-23-2015, 02:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

been away from this forum, just got the notification about this message.. that is discount tire direct's ebay store, same thing as buying from their own website. You had said you didn't want to buy from there because sams or costco wouldn't install them. I wouldn't care what costco or sams said they would install if they don't sell the brand I want to buy. There are a lot of tire installers around, including the dealer. But doesn't look like you need the tires in a hurry since this post has gone on for a long time..
i bought them for a good price there. walmart installed them for i think 16 a tire. live time balancing and tire rotation so im pretty happy. i like the tires i think theyll last a long time
Old 10-23-2015, 05:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i bought them for a good price there. walmart installed them for i think 16 a tire. live time balancing and tire rotation so im pretty happy. i like the tires i think theyll last a long time
oh you did get them!! awesome! glad you got them for a good price. yeah mine went bad since I neglected my springs/shocks and now have some odd wear patterns on the motivos. Not the tire's fault, it was mine, waited too long in replacing the shocks/springs! Oh well, have to order up a new set. I might try that ebay store if they're cheaper than the regular website! glad you like the tires!