Notices

Spacer sizes to clear front axle bolts???

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 05:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Question Spacer sizes to clear front axle bolts???

I have a set of wheels that are 18x9.5 +38 and they fit fine but I can't put center caps on due to the axle bolt sticking out. I have no idea what minimum sized spacers I can use to clear that axle bolt? I would still like to be able to use the stock wheel studs and not shave off the axle bolt.
Old 12-02-2016, 12:29 AM
Administrator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Administrator

You will have to make Measurements and Calculations
and come up with your own Determination.

Here's the Place to Start:

Ichiba Version II 17mm Bolt-On Wheel Spacers: Scion iQ tC tC2 xA xB xB2 xD

Army, All the Way!

Old 03-25-2017, 09:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by MR_LUV
You will have to make Measurements and Calculations
and come up with your own Determination.

Here's the Place to Start:

Ichiba Version II 17mm Bolt-On Wheel Spacers: Scion iQ tC tC2 xA xB xB2 xD

Army, All the Way!

Thanks brother. Sorry for the late post. I just got back from a very long "field-trip". What unit?
Old 03-26-2017, 12:54 AM
Administrator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Administrator

Default Military Members...All Active or ex-Military Welcome! now in Off-Topic Cafe...

Hi Brother,

I know what you mean. A long, long time ago. In a place far, far away I took a few long 'field-trips' myself.

Because this would become Off-Topic (OT).

I revive, rename, and updated the Thread Topic to Military Members...All Active or ex-Military Welcome! and Moved it from Scion tC 1G to the Off-Topic Cafe.

*Sticky ►► https://www.scionlife.com/forums/off...-154296/page5/ ◄◄

Originally Posted by xdejablu3x
Thanks brother. Sorry for the late post. I just got back from a very long "field-trip". What unit?

Last edited by MR_LUV; 03-26-2017 at 06:58 AM.
Old 03-27-2017, 12:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Out of curiosity, are you fenders rolled or are you planning to roll them? From my personal experience with spacers on the oem wheels, I was rubbing on bumps with 25mm spacers all around, but it cleared up with 20mm spacers. This gave me an effective offset of +25mm without having to roll fenders. Mind you this is with the oem 215 tire width, so your experience might be different. It'll be a balancing act between rubbing and being able to clear the axle bolt.

Originally Posted by xdejablu3x
I have a set of wheels that are 18x9.5 +38 and they fit fine but I can't put center caps on due to the axle bolt sticking out. I have no idea what minimum sized spacers I can use to clear that axle bolt? I would still like to be able to use the stock wheel studs and not shave off the axle bolt.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 03-29-2017 at 11:54 PM.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by bbsciontc
Out of curiosity, are you fenders rolled or are you planning to roll them? From my personal experience with spacers on the oem wheels, I was rubbing on bumps with 25mm spacers all around, but it cleared up with 20mm spacers. This gave me an effective offset of +25mm without having to roll fenders. Mind you this is with the oem 215 tire width, so your experience might be different. It'll be a balancing act between rubbing and being able to clear the axle bolt.
My rear and front fenders are both rolled/pulled. The lips on the wheels in the rear don't stick out sense the fenders were pulled so they sink in the wheel well like the stock wheels do on stock fitted fenders. These are my rear fenders before they were pulled and rolled even further.

So since my fenders are pulled in the rear my wheels are deeper in the wheel well and the lip no longer touches the fender.

Last edited by xdejablu3x; 03-30-2017 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Adding photo
Old 03-31-2017, 12:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well to figure out the offset you need, place the the center cap on until it hits the axle bolt, then measure the additional distance you need to go in order to have it seat with the wheel. If these caps sit flush with the wheel, it should be pretty easy to measure,even with a ruler. From there, I'd round UP to the nearest 5mm so you know you'll clear for sure.

The question will be if the increased offset causes rubbing. There's so many variables there, so trial and error will be necessary.