Notices
Scion tC 2G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

DIY: Independent Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by dannycruz
i did it but somehow the driver warning air bag sign does not go off need help
Yea i tried this also, everything went well as far as fogs turning on with the DRL's . The light on the foglight switch doesnt turn on, trac control on/off button doesnt light up and the ***** for climate control don't light up as far as the numbers and icons. The defrost turns on and max a/c on. I spliced the red and light green wires exactly as the DYI goes. Anyone who can help please
Old 11-19-2012, 02:57 AM

check your fuses for the functions that are no longer working...have you disconnected the battery before your install?
Old 11-19-2012, 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by 2012slvrtc
check your fuses for the functions that are no longer working...have you disconnected the battery before your install?
Well its the oem fogs, i didnt disconnect the battery. I actually replaced a fuse that blew out so all the lights on the audio system light up. The only lights that don't light are the fog light switch and the climate control *****, the numbers and icons. So i don't know what else it could be.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:00 AM

i bought a 2011 yellow fog light kit and it came with a seperate power source and connector. The switch does not fit the connector that comes with the tc2 originally. Upon looking through the instructions, it asked me to connect one of the wires to an ignition wire...could someone tell me where the ignition wire is?
Old 07-14-2013, 05:54 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mikey2428
Well its the oem fogs, i didnt disconnect the battery. I actually replaced a fuse that blew out so all the lights on the audio system light up. The only lights that don't light are the fog light switch and the climate control *****, the numbers and icons. So i don't know what else it could be.
same here i did everything step by step and those lights dont come on now, idk what it could be, i hope somebody can help and tell us exactly what the problem could actually be
Old 08-01-2013, 11:23 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mikey2428
Yea i tried this also, everything went well as far as fogs turning on with the DRL's . The light on the foglight switch doesnt turn on, trac control on/off button doesnt light up and the ***** for climate control don't light up as far as the numbers and icons. The defrost turns on and max a/c on. I spliced the red and light green wires exactly as the DYI goes. Anyone who can help please
well i figured out the problem you are having, i had the same problem and fixed it today, cutting the red wire is fine, you werent supposed to cut the green wire, quick splice it which means your ground wire and the original cable is still in tact but are spliced together, the other end of the green cable including the original and the other that was just cut, was connected to the extra ground cable as i called it and i still have the fogs come on with the parking lights and all of the other lights are working now
Old 09-09-2013, 07:48 AM
SL Member

quick question bout the fogs, Im leasing my tc and thinking of getting fogs wit HID's. the question is if I will wire my fogs like written here, will it effect the warranty in any way? I might keep the car after lease of give it up with fogs, kinda dont care.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:31 PM
5 Year Member

I just ordered a pair today. I think im going to just wire them to the dash switch.
Old 09-18-2013, 04:35 PM
5 Year Member

Received my ebay winjet clear fogs yesterday, put in an 11 SMD LED bulb and tapped into the parking lights. Didn't really feel the need for a switch as they are to be seen not to see with.
Old 09-19-2013, 05:20 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you start getting water in the fog lights use Teflon Tape and wrap the crap out of the Bulb gasket. It works great. I know this because Ive been getting water in the fog lights every time it rains.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:52 PM
5 Year Member

we dont get much rain here in Phoenix but I go thru the car wash alot I'll keep an eye on it thanks!
Old 12-11-2013, 05:51 PM

The red wire that is cut from the fog light relay. Can anyone tell me exactly what that does? I cut it too short on my buddies tc2 and we're not able to connect a wire to it.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:57 PM

Default Independant fog light help

A while back I performed this mod on my own tc2. Making it so my fog lights came on with my marker lights.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4134531#post4134531

While doing it on my buddies tc2, the red wire cut from the relay was cut too short. In a desperate attempt to fix it, we tried to pull it out, with no luck. No the wire is dead.

Does anyone know what the red wire does exactly? Is there anyway to by-pass it and rewire it so the fog lights work again?
Old 12-11-2013, 09:02 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CT_cementXWING
The red wire that is cut from the fog light relay. Can anyone tell me exactly what that does? I cut it too short on my buddies tc2 and we're not able to connect a wire to it.
Should be the signal wire for the relay to activate, which now is tied into the parking lights.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:11 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

does anyone have the pics that 2tc originally posted? i need them to do this mod.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:39 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea same, was planning on doing this when i got some free time... but since the directions were written on the pics... which are now gone, there are no instructions on how to do so anymore
Old 01-24-2014, 04:15 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

any body?
Old 01-29-2014, 02:49 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

need helppp can someone post pics of this mod!?
Old 02-24-2014, 11:02 AM

I knew i should've saved those pics when they were still up -__-
plss repost pics supadupac
Old 03-26-2014, 12:12 AM
5 Year Member

Getting a new tC and need the pics for my fog install! Thanks Matt

Quick Reply: DIY: Independent Fog Lights