Notices
Scion tC 2G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

FIVE:AD 2014 Scion tC Aero Kit - Pre Sale

Old 07-14-2014, 08:15 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default FIVE:AD 2014 Scion tC Aero Kit - Pre Sale

FIVE:AD 2014 Scion tC Aero Kit

First seen at SEMA 2013, the FIVE:AD 2014 Scion tC Aero Kit adds clean, aggressive lines to your tC.

Last year, in the fall of 2013 we were contacted with a last minute request: Design and prototype an aero kit for Walter Franco's 2014 Scion tC as part of the Scion Tuner Challenge at the 2013 SEMA Show. It was a quick turnaround for a project by FIVE:AD, one of the quickest we had ever worked on but we welcomed the challenge.

CAD Model of the 2014 Scion tC Aero Kit

We referenced factory body data from Scion to design the Aero Kit in CAD which allowed us to see what the finalized kit would look like. Building upon the factory lines, we created an aero kit that complimented the tC’s original design, not detracted from it.

CAD Model of Proposed Rear Spat Design

With the designs finalized, next came prototyping. After long hours and many minor tweaks to the prototype, we had the new kit completed and ready for paint. Despite having the first prototype front lip for the 2014 Scion tC at the SEMA Show, there was still fine tuning that had to be done for final production, as well as finishing the rear spat design along with a prototype.

Walter Franco's FIVE:AD Equipped* 2014 Scion tC - Photo by Scion

After SEMA was over we received a handful of inquiries asking for a production version of the aero kit but based on our research, we were a bit reserved on moving forward and going into mass production.

Walter Franco's FIVE:AD Equipped* 2014 Scion tC - Photo by Scion

Fast forward to spring 2014, the Scion community has spoken. Thanks to social media and numerous inquiries from owners, we have decided to revive the 2014 Scion tC Aero Kit project and have turned to Indiegogo to seek your support to help launch it into production!

The Rewards:

Level 1 - FIVE:AD Swag Pack
Don’t own a 2014 tC but want to support the cause and proudly represent FIVE:AD? The FIVE:AD Swag Pack includes a logo’d T-shirt (M, L, XL), Ball Cap, Lanyard and a Stress Cube to top it off!

Level 2 - FIVE:AD 2014 Scion tC Aero Kit
This is what you really came here for! You want to own the FIVE:AD 2014 Scion tC Aero Kit! There are multiple sub-levels here, including big discounts for early backers and even the opportunity to have your kit before anyone else.

Aero Kit includes 6 pieces:
  • 2x Front Lip Spats (1 left, 1 right.)
  • 2x Side Skirts (1 left, 1 right.)
  • 2x Rear Bumper Spats (1 left, 1 right.)
*Paint and installation not included.

NOTE: CAD Renderings only, production aero kit may vary slightly.

Level 3 - FIVE:AD Wheels for Your Car
Pledge our project at this level and receive any in-stock set of FIVE:AD wheels for your vehicle, and it doesn't have to be a tC either. We'll also include the wheel installation kit all for a great price!

FIVE:AD Wheel Options (Also available in Silver, S6:F in 18" only)

Level 4 - FIVE:AD 2014 Scion tC Five Axis Edition Package
Pledge our project at this level and in addition to the 2014 Aero Kit, you will also receive TEIN lowering springs, FIVE:AD wheels, and Five Axis Edition badging for your tC, PLUS the FIVE:AD Swag Pack.

Five Axis Edition Wheel Options (Also available in Gunmetal)

You will have your choice of one of three FIVE:AD wheel designs, the R5:F, S7:F or S5:F in 19x8.5" each with precise fitment for the 2014 Scion tC. Each design is available in either a Silver or Gunmetal finish.

TEIN Lowering Springs

Level 5 - FIVE:AD 2014 Scion tC GoGo Limited Edition Package
Do you want to be 1 of 5 exclusive individuals owning a very unique Limited Edition tC? This is the setup for you. Each of the 5 backers at this level, in addition to the 2014 Aero Kit, will also receive TEIN lowering springs, uniquely finished FIVE:AD wheels, and custom numbered badging for your tC, as well as the FIVE:AD Swag Pack. You will have your choice of one of three FIVE:AD wheel designs, the R5:F, S7:F or S5:F in 19x8.5" with fitment for the 2014 Scion tC finished in the signature FIVE:AD Orange color.

GoGo Limited Edition "FIVE:AD Orange" Wheels

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our Indiegogo project. We are really looking forward to being able to launch this program with your generous support!

*Walter Franco's show car contains custom aero enhancements added to front Spoiler and Sideskirts. Refer to CAD model for an accurate representation of the proposed FIVE:AD Aero Kit.

Contribute here
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/five-ad-2014-scion-tc-aero-kit

Last edited by G5_TC; 07-14-2014 at 08:58 PM.
Old 07-19-2014, 06:54 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Lol well with only 910 of 40000 sold this doesn't look to have a very good chance
Old 07-24-2014, 08:43 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

It seemed like I was reading a lot of complaining on several forums about FIVE:AD not having any lip kits for the 2014's. Looks like a lot of talk and no walk. Here's your chance to get them at a steal and only one person has stepped up. Unbelievable. I have an RS8.0, but I'm purchasing the swag pack to help out. C'MON PEOPLE!!!
Old 07-24-2014, 11:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well even at 900$ that's an expensive ___ lip kit when I had to look several times to see the difference between the kit and my stock car
Old 07-25-2014, 01:01 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think it looks great. I don't think anyone was expecting a $400 lip kit to be coming from FIVE:AD.....
Old 07-26-2014, 02:55 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just want a set of wheels....sigh
Old 07-29-2014, 02:08 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

alright guys..

well the thing is its more than just a front lip kit, it's the whole car also Iknow at least the sides are longer so it will make any car look lower if you'renot slammed like a lot of people out there.

As far as price they build quality of it is basically thesame material as the bumpers so it's very durable (you would have to run into awall at 30+ mph to snap it, as I did with last car) if you scrap the pieces it'sjust like scraping a bumper.

Lastly, I think 30 days was just a little short on timefor people to get money together to buy it. there isn't very many people with $900-1100sitting around when scions target market is like college kids. personally I wouldbuy this kit if it was closer to having all the money needed, but 40k is a lotto get.. which is roughly 40 people buying a kit or 800 people buying a $50swag bag.. I just think its most hard cause not everyone is as kind asflintmica17 who just wanted to help.
Old 08-05-2014, 03:58 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm in the same boat it may be expensive for the general tv owner, but if i thought it had a chance I was considering the full kit with wheels and springs
Old 08-05-2014, 05:41 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

It sucks it didn't work out.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:53 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea it sucks.. but hopefully it gets a retry or some how they just left it open til it rasied in full, but to me i doubt it cause its not good for business
Old 08-07-2014, 08:08 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

It seems the general consensus is that people feel it doesn't add enough to the car to justify the cost of the kit......
Old 08-10-2014, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by FlintMica17
It seems the general consensus is that people feel it doesn't add enough to the car to justify the cost of the kit......
Exactly why I didn't back it. When I have to go back and do a double take to see what the changes were its not a big enough change for me. I wish they would have held it open and start production when it gets the full 40k to give people more time