Go Back   Scionlife.com » Scion tC Second Gen » Scion tC 2G Owners Lounge » Scion tC 2G Forced Induction
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


Scion tC 2G Forced Induction
Turbo and supercharger applications...

Reply
 
 
 
Old 12-29-2011, 12:38 AM   #1
Junior Member
2011TC2TURBO 26/M
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Beloit, WI
iTrader: (0)
Default How to make your TC Faster

You Can't. No honestly I got the turbo on my tc, full turbo back 3 inch exhaust and got it tunned which was the hardest part of the whole build and I drove it home from the tuner and was sick with the money I spent and what I had. So off the parts went and I walked into the dealer and bought a 2011 STI. Buy Buy Scion. . My stock STI is faster than my Turbo Scion and Ill put money on that. And I have a warrenty, 4 doors, and a better trans. Went threw three of them in my tc. Now on the other hand man there is some great guys on this site and some great scion guys so dont make me out to be a dick just think before your next purchase. 20,000 for scion plus 5-7,000 in turbo build in hopes to run with the big dogs. Or take that 5-7,00 put it down on a nicer car and pay a little extra each month and have what you want. Im dieing to see the response commets on this. Have a good night.
__________________
***Soon to be PT Tuned**
2011TC2TURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:00 AM   #2
Senior Member
SL Member
dm1336 29/M

 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto, Canada
iTrader: (0)
Default

Whatever makes you happy man it is your car and what you drive everyday. If you aren't happy then get something that makes you happy =)

Maybe you should of done more research on the tC if you were looking into a race car. After all it is still just a Camry engine and there is only so much it can do even if you throw in a turbo and some other parts.

Anyway the STi is a nice car enjoy it!
dm1336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:15 AM   #3
Senior Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
 
bigG2148's Avatar
bigG2148 26/M
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South Florida
iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to bigG2148
Default

An Tc was never intended to be a race car first of all. I was really just ment for customization so when u boost the crap out of it and it breaks u cant get mad. I blow a motor before and the second time my time with it did research asked question and im doing it the right way. It take a lot to make a Tc fast and reliable plus patience if u dont have that u will be upset. If u wanted a fast car out the box that was ment for races u should of got an evo or sti from the jump. I have thought about getting an evo but i love the fact that the tc is an underdog so I'm finish it plus when i go to the spots or tracks im the only boosted Tc feels better than when there 10 sti and evo. But have fun with ur new car hope u enjoy it better than ur tc.


Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk
__________________
07 Scion TC bLACK
M-tUnEd Florida's best tuner
Got Stance? yep
Got Boost? yep
lifes good
bigG2148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:40 AM   #4
Senior Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
STlTCHES 27/M
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: colorado
iTrader: (0)
Default

2011 STI - $34-$36k
Scion tC - $20k-$22K

Is it me or is there a gap of 14 grand you have to play with here? Sure you can always buy your power right of the dealer lot. Hence the reason they make 500+ HP cars.... anyone can buy a car though. Then theres people who suffer through the aches and pains of building a car up.

like ^ bigG2148 said theres something about being the underdog thats appealing.
STlTCHES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:43 AM   #5
Senior Member
SL Member
 
speterson82's Avatar
speterson82 31/M

 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Kansas City, MO
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011TC2TURBO View Post
You Can't. No honestly I got the turbo on my tc, full turbo back 3 inch exhaust and got it tunned which was the hardest part of the whole build and I drove it home from the tuner and was sick with the money I spent and what I had. So off the parts went and I walked into the dealer and bought a 2011 STI. Buy Buy Scion. . My stock STI is faster than my Turbo Scion and Ill put money on that. And I have a warrenty, 4 doors, and a better trans. Went threw three of them in my tc. Now on the other hand man there is some great guys on this site and some great scion guys so dont make me out to be a dick just think before your next purchase. 20,000 for scion plus 5-7,000 in turbo build in hopes to run with the big dogs. Or take that 5-7,00 put it down on a nicer car and pay a little extra each month and have what you want. Im dieing to see the response commets on this. Have a good night.
....something tells me you didn't do it right.....but hey, different strokes....
speterson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:45 AM   #6
Senior Member
SL Member
 
speterson82's Avatar
speterson82 31/M

 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Kansas City, MO
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011TC2TURBO View Post
You Can't. No honestly I got the turbo on my tc, full turbo back 3 inch exhaust and got it tunned which was the hardest part of the whole build and I drove it home from the tuner and was sick with the money I spent and what I had. So off the parts went and I walked into the dealer and bought a 2011 STI. Buy Buy Scion. . My stock STI is faster than my Turbo Scion and Ill put money on that. And I have a warrenty, 4 doors, and a better trans. Went threw three of them in my tc. Now on the other hand man there is some great guys on this site and some great scion guys so dont make me out to be a dick just think before your next purchase. 20,000 for scion plus 5-7,000 in turbo build in hopes to run with the big dogs. Or take that 5-7,00 put it down on a nicer car and pay a little extra each month and have what you want. Im dieing to see the response commets on this. Have a good night.

......sorry, this post gets funnier the more times I read it....
speterson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:50 AM   #7
Member
SL Member
 
1087's Avatar
1087 60/M

 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Dana Point CA
iTrader: (0)
Carlos N. Schmidt
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speterson82 View Post
......sorry, this post gets funnier the more times I read it....
Just quit reading!
It's worthless!
__________________
bone stock for now.(08-29-11)
Round 1 done.Eneos Oil-TRD CAI- GReddy RS exhaust system- TRD STS . (10-21-11)
Round 2 done.TRD Springs-TRD Sway Bars Kit-TRD Strut Brace. (12-05-11)
Round 3 done.Aero & Rolling Stock by FIVE AD. 02-03-12
Round 4, coming soon!
1087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:57 AM   #8
Senior Member
SL Member
 
speterson82's Avatar
speterson82 31/M

 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Kansas City, MO
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1087 View Post
Just quit reading!
It's worthless!
...I can't, because every time I notice something new....like just now....the sig. PT Tuned--Really?!
speterson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 02:01 AM   #9
Senior Member
SL Member
Alvie 30
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Los Angeles
iTrader: (5)
Default

The reason its slow its because you did not add any hellaflush stickers to your rear window and u did not add a "Powered By TRD" in the front. U probably didn't even smoke the taillights. Every tC 2 needs those basic mods in order to be fast.

JDM YO!!
Oh wait... theres not even a JDM equivalent
Alvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 02:46 AM   #10
Senior Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
 
my06tc's Avatar
my06tc 29/M
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
iTrader: (2)
Default

what kit did you have..what psi where you running,what power,why did you buy a scion and boost it knowing,theres not meant to be super fast cars,someone didnt do there research
__________________
2006 Scion tc Classic Silver

Powered by Dezod S1 Turbo Kit w/dumptube ....Teins H Springs...TWM Stage 2 SS w/Cage bushings and Tranny Bushings...Megans Racing Exhaust....6k Hids..%20 Windows tint....APT Fog lights......Blox Counterweight shift ****....P1 Side Skirts.......Mobile 1 motor oil..Eneos Racing Tranny Oil...OBX Racing pedals....ACT Street clutch w/heavy Duty pressure plate...Compeitition Clutch 12lb Flywheel..General HP Tires.......Walbro 255 Fuel pump...
my06tc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 03:23 AM   #11
Senior Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member
creamyxb2 30/M
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: austin, tx
iTrader: (1)
Default

good luck upgrading the sti on a budget.
__________________
303 hp 297 tq on 9.0 psi.

2009 bsp xb2
2006 fmg tc descendant turbocharged full video soon
2008 fmg tc rest in peace
2005 fmg tc sold
2005 xb auto sold

team scioneyed austin
creamyxb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 03:40 AM   #12
Senior Member
SL Member
 
fun173's Avatar
fun173 19/M

 
Join Date: Sep 2011
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speterson82 View Post
...I can't, because every time I notice something new....like just now....the sig. PT Tuned--Really?!

Click the image to open in full size.
__________________

tC RS 7.0 #41 with some mods

fun173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:16 AM   #13
Moderator
Premium Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG
Moderator
 
Mouse's Avatar
Mouse 41/M
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: 5280
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STlTCHES View Post
2011 STI - $34-$36k
Scion tC - $20k-$22K

Is it me or is there a gap of 14 grand you have to play with here? Sure you can always buy your power right of the dealer lot. Hence the reason they make 500+ HP cars.... anyone can buy a car though. Then theres people who suffer through the aches and pains of building a car up.

like ^ bigG2148 said theres something about being the underdog thats appealing.
^^ good points. I'm certainly not gonna bash a new STi. It's a nice friggin' car hands down. Everyone likes something performance wise a little different whether it's a tC or something else. I quoted STITCHES' for pointing out the price gap between the two.
Easy research is gonna tell you that you're probably not going to get near the performance of a bone stock STi with a tC even turbo'd. If you weren't getting a serious amount of increased performance by spending that extra 10-14K, then it would be pointless to do so and anyone that did buy one would be getting seriously ripped off. lol.
Just my 2 cents.
__________________
Got Cheese? :D

"Always remember in life... It's NOT how many times you get knocked down that's important...it's how many times you get back up."

Current - 2008 SCM tC -- Previous - 2006 CSM tC

DANTEGTS <---- Sponsorship. Great seller & quality products. SL member.

Murphys_Law
<---- Great SL seller.

"SEARCH" Is your friend
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:31 AM   #14
Senior Member
SL Member
 
Voltagedriver's Avatar
Voltagedriver 24

 
Join Date: Aug 2011
iTrader: (0)
Default

Meh, my boss has a 2010 wrx and we go side by side until 4th hear then he pulls and it's not by much. Were both stick and good drivers. STIs are nice but by no mean fast lol. I can turbo an ls integra ad beat an Sti. It's all about how u build it. $ per $ if u know what ur doing the tc will be caste For less $ but u won't have te warenty. That's basicky the only good point u made.
__________________
My Rs 7
http://www.scionlife.com/forums/show...71#post3900071



95civic ej1 given to family
2012tc rs7 about to e traded
2013scion frs waiting on delivery
Voltagedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:52 AM   #15
Senior Member
SL Member
 
MightyP's Avatar
MightyP 32/M

 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Minnesota
iTrader: (1)
Default

STi is a great car and I'm sure you're going to love it. Can't complain about any car that can do 0-60mph in under 5 sec while still being able to get you and your friends to the lodge on a weekend ski trip!

As for the tC, it sounds like you didn't have realistic expectations for it. No matter how much money you throw at the tC2, you won't EVER get it to be as fast in a straight line as the "big dogs" and still be a functional daily driver.

The joy of the tC (and any Scion) isn't in straight line speed. Three letters should explain it. "FWD" The tC2 is great because of how easy and relatively inexpensive it is to modify. The happy tC2 owners on here generally fall into 1 of 2 groups. 1) Can't afford a $30K+ car. 2) Can afford a more expensive car, but would rather spend the money to make a less expensive car their own unique creation rather than a cool car just like everyone else's cool car.

I really enjoy tinkering with my car. If I bought it already built exactly the way I wanted it, I'd end up buying another car just so I could tinker with something.

One last note. If you really want to see performance, take your new STi out to an AutoX event. Watch the Miatas and Celicas own the Mustangs, Camaros and STis on the track. Then we'll talk about "big dogs."
__________________
Agent 99: OG tC2 Owner (Retired)

New Ride: '08 Subaru WRX STi


MightyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:11 AM   #16
Senior Member
SL Member
 
fun173's Avatar
fun173 19/M

 
Join Date: Sep 2011
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyP View Post
STi is a great car and I'm sure you're going to love it. Can't complain about any car that can do 0-60mph in under 5 sec while still being able to get you and your friends to the lodge on a weekend ski trip!

As for the tC, it sounds like you didn't have realistic expectations for it. No matter how much money you throw at the tC2, you won't EVER get it to be as fast in a straight line as the "big dogs" and still be a functional daily driver.

The joy of the tC (and any Scion) isn't in straight line speed. Three letters should explain it. "FWD" The tC2 is great because of how easy and relatively inexpensive it is to modify. The happy tC2 owners on here generally fall into 1 of 2 groups. 1) Can't afford a $30K+ car. 2) Can afford a more expensive car, but would rather spend the money to make a less expensive car their own unique creation rather than a cool car just like everyone else's cool car.

I really enjoy tinkering with my car. If I bought it already built exactly the way I wanted it, I'd end up buying another car just so I could tinker with something.

One last note. If you really want to see performance, take your new STi out to an AutoX event. Watch the Miatas and Celicas own the Mustangs, Camaros and STis on the track. Then we'll talk about "big dogs."

That is a great post and I agree with you 100% especially on the tinkering with the cars and realistic expectations part. I came from a Subaru SVX to the tC and I knew that the tC was not going to be as fast or handle as well but I still love it. I used to tinker with the Subaru and not be afraid of breaking anything because it was old but I have had more fun playing with the tC. I don't have much money to spend on the car but with the little I have spent on it (and more to come ) I have had one hell of a fun experience. It's fun to bring it from stock to modified even with simple mods. I do miss being able to take off-ramps at 3x the posted speed limit (some of them, especially the tight ones, 4x on one ) and have quick acceleration but I understand what the tC is and I love it to death. I plan on keeping it for 10+ years and I'll enjoy every minute of it.
__________________

tC RS 7.0 #41 with some mods

fun173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:35 AM   #17
Senior Member
SL Member
 
johnmk's Avatar
johnmk 34/M

 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
iTrader: (0)
Default

Not to be a dick, but I think OP is lacking more than just realistic expectations.
johnmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:11 AM   #18
Member
SL Member
Deathscythe40 26

 
Join Date: Apr 2011
iTrader: (0)
Default

DSPORT MAG 12/12/2011 stock same day 91 octane
MSRP
0-60
1/4 Mile Fontana
Lap + MPH Willow Springs
Dynojet

2011 WRX STI
33,995
4.90
13.594 101.27
1:28.80 103.42 mph
244 whp
AWD

2012 Scion TC
18,575
7.46
15.811 87.14 mph
1:33.76 95.3 mph
175.1 whp
FWD


Price difference is $15,420 no tax or license
Insurance for me 23 years old living in LA STI $300 TC $150
I went to the dealership to buy a STI but when I added it up not worth it for me. A 2007 STI is the same price as new TC want performance there is your answer just pay insurance and get the extended warranty.


My opinion if you want to spend 15 grand in a TC donít do it my brother and I have been building Hondas for 10 years the headache is not worth it unless you want to build a 11 sec car or faster.
Deathscythe40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:14 AM   #19
Member
SL Member
Deathscythe40 26

 
Join Date: Apr 2011
iTrader: (0)
Default

Do not forget a TC is a fwd car more power less traction; you would need tires, suspension, mounts, etc.
Deathscythe40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:33 AM   #20
Member
SL Member
Deathscythe40 26

 
Join Date: Apr 2011
iTrader: (0)
Default

Price out the door for LA County
STI base
$38,010 What I was going to pay.
TC base
$21,439 What I paid.
10k down 60 months 3.7 APR
Payment 484 vs 210
Insurance 300 vs 150
$784 vs $360
Performance for me is not a big issue since my bro has a 11 sec civic that we drag and track.
Deathscythe40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:33 AM
Scionlife.com
Scion TC



Paid Advertisement
 
 
 
Reply


Tags
06, 060, 2011, 2012, affordale, car, cheap, faster, hellaflush, make, making, scion, tc, time, turbo, ways


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:06 AM.
Advertising - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Jobs
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.


Forums Backup with Admin Control Panel