Notices
Scion tC 2G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications

I need advice for what turbo kit to get!!

Old 04-10-2015, 02:38 AM

Default I need advice for what turbo kit to get!!

I have a 2011 TC Manual STOCK. I need advice/suggestions for what turbo kit to get. I just want an performance upgrade but dont know how to go about it.

Also is there anything I need besides the kit? since its stock
I saw a recent thread similar to this but the car was automatic..

Thanks!
Old 04-10-2015, 02:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hahah. Aw buddy... there's so much more going on here than you could ever imagine. The only question I'm going to ask you right now is how much money do you have to throw down on this all at once right away?
Old 04-10-2015, 03:34 AM

I assume its damn pricey lol. I was just looking at the Dezod and thats 5g so i have an idea of what I'm getting into. I just wanna know more friendly options. Also it's my daily ride if that helps, Im gonna have this car a while so I wanna enjoy it to the fullest
Old 04-10-2015, 03:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I totally understand bro. Glad you looked some stuff up. Dezod is the one to go with. 5 stacks is just the kit. That doesn't include install and dyno tune and clutch and maintenance. Unfortunately there isn't a friendlier version for power for these cars. This is the only avenue. I know you want to enjoy your car and all, and trust me, we all do, but get something else then. This isn't the car to do it with. I hate to coerce sales away from Paul Dezod, but this isn't the car for you. If it's too slow, get something quicker and maybe rear wheel. You will be so much more happy. These are slow economy cars. They aren't meant to be fast. You are stuck with what you are stuck with unless you spend some serious serious serious money, or get a new car.
Old 04-10-2015, 03:58 AM

Damn I wasn't expecting that. I am aware though that it's not meant for speed, just wanted an extra kick but not necessarily at the cost of what might be another and perhaps better car. I have been interested in the mazda rx8 despite the rotary engine criticism but I think Ill stick with the tc, turbo or not lol. Thanks for the help man
Old 04-10-2015, 04:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah dude, no problem. RX-8 for the win by the way. F.ck the haters. They don't know what they are talking about. That's a sick car. Just enjoy what you have in the tC for now. Get an exhaust and lower it and you'll feel so much better about it and that will keep you content for now.
Old 09-07-2015, 07:49 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by criminaltc
Yeah dude, no problem. RX-8 for the win by the way. F.ck the haters. They don't know what they are talking about. That's a sick car. Just enjoy what you have in the tC for now. Get an exhaust and lower it and you'll feel so much better about it and that will keep you content for now.
Agreed. I went with exhaust and cold air intake from k&n didn't lower yet but I'm piecing together a turbo setup that is entirely custom. 52 or 56 trim turbo is what I'm looking into right now curious about the lag right now if I went that route though. Planning on 15 pounds of boost at the moment.
Old 09-09-2015, 12:00 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

15lbs is a TON on our 10.5:1 motors, I'm running 12 with a 3" exhaust from dezod for 310 HP. I am curious what the stock internals can take because we have seen what fully built can do on e85(1000+). I'm assuming your going to run e85 or race gas 100+?
Old 09-09-2015, 12:12 AM
5 Year Member

My research that I've found is that the stock motor with stock internals can hold 400 hp I know a guy with a 1st gen at over 400 hp on stock motor with a great tune setup