Notices
Scion tC 2G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Easy Hidden iPod Tutorial

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by gshieldsTC2
How do you keep it from automatically playing the music on your phone but still keeping the phone/bluetooth functionality available?
I can't answer that question because it just doesn't do it. I will say that after struggling with this new radio's cumbersome menus, I finally connected with a salesperson at the dealer who sat in the car with me and painstakingly went through the menus and figured out how to pair my phone and get my address book, speedials and voice prompts to work, none which had clear instructions in the pamphlet that came with the car. Credit to the great service at my dealership !!
I wish you luck !
Old 07-05-2013, 02:15 AM

Default Plays iTunes tracks without being prompted

Originally Posted by gshieldsTC2
How do you keep it from automatically playing the music on your phone but still keeping the phone/bluetooth functionality available?
This is a problem I have discovered as well. Usually it doesn't matter for me because I am always streaming Pandora through bluetooth and I love that it automatically turns it on/off when I turn the car on/off. However if I have paused Pandora on my phone before I turn the car off, when I turn the car back on it automatically starts playing song from the iTunes library on my iPhone...very annoying. I'm not sure if I could solve that problem by delinking my iPhone with my iTunes account but I'm not willing to do that regardless. I experimented with turning off the autoconnect bluetooth option in the settings but then realized that I seemed to have turned off the connection altogether. In the end I decided the only way to avoid this is to switch the radio to another input (i.e. radio, iPod) or simply turn it off.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by clintox
I think you might need to shield your wiring. I am not using the AUX input, just the USB input. However, sometimes the sound will cut out when I take my car out of park and put it into drive. When I get around to shielding the iPod cable I will post whether it solved this problem or not.
I just positioned it horizontally and used 3M double sided tape to position it under the tray. I had to remove some of the electrical tape holding that string of wires to the others in order to get enough slack. I haven't had any problems with the sound cutting out etc but I don't use the aux cable much, just the USB for my iPod. Cutting in and out to one speaker more than likely means that the cord itself is bad or it's not pushed in all the way where it connects to the device.

Uploaded with ImageShack.com