Notices
Scion tC 2G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

OEM Heated Seat wiring..

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2016, 03:30 PM
SL Member

Default OEM Heated Seat wiring..

So I'm about to go get some OEM Heated Leather Seats and I'd like to know how the wiring looks. I'll get the trim panel with the switches too but for the rest I have no idea how the wires are run and I'd like to do it as close to OEM as possible.
Anyone with those seats could send me a few pics or diagrams about how everything works that would be great. I didn't manage to find much online. Do I need extra fuses or wiring?
I'll try to grab everything i need from the donor car but any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

______

Last edited by MR_LUV; 03-30-2019 at 02:48 AM. Reason: *Note: OEM Heated Leather Seats only Available on the 2014 tC Monogram Series
Old 01-04-2017, 07:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Toyota tends to use multiple interior harnesses. Usually there are a few different variables. The tC will probably have 6. Base, Monogram, 10 Series. With a variable for Manual and Auto cars.

You'll need at least the switch bases, wiring to fuse box, fuse, and the wires to seat.

But with this being a Scion, and Scion's tend to be "pre-wired" for things like fog lights and such, you may get lucky and find some of the wiring already in place. Removing the OEM seat, console, and carpet will be the only way to tell for sure.

But if they switched the one main harness for all options to variable harnesses like pretty much every other Toyota, you'll need to get either a aftermarket heated seat wiring kit, or find another interior harness from a Monogram.

BTW. I absolutely love my heated seats. More so now that winter is here. Also in the spring/fall they are great if my back is hurting, I can kick it on and relax a little. I love the look of the leather seats in the tC, and was a big reason I went with them. But in all honesty, I wish they were the same shapes just cloth, and had a adjustment dial like VW uses (1-5 settings). I had a Passat Wagon 1.8T with heated cloth seats and my god, those were the best seats I've ever taken a trip in. Not the best for aggressive driving but it was a big ___ wagon, so most of the aggressiveness was done in a straight line.