Notices
Scion tC 2G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Dome supervision wire delima

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 09:13 AM

Default Dome supervision wire delima

hello, everyone. I am trying to find the dome supervision wire that gets activated when the doors are opened/ unlocked.

According to this site, Remote Car Starter & Keyless Entry Systems ? BulldogSecurity.com, looking at this chart:
Bulldog Security Diagrams

this wire can be found in the driver side fuse box. I pulled the panel out and I believe I located the plug. I unplugged it, and stick a stranded thin wire into the hole connected to the black wire. Using a voltmeter, I then tested this wire (positive end on the wire) and found that there is always voltage running through this wire with the door opened or closed. (not sure how many since I have a traditional needle voltmeter, but im guessing 12v) What I expect is for this wire to have 0V when the door is opened.

Would someone help me double check on their vehicle/have some knowledge on what is going on?

The goal is to hook up my interior leds to go on when the door opens/unlocks. I have it currently soldered directly to the dome's blue pin in the overhead console, but that wire seems to be very thin to support an additional 2A at most. I am hoping to find a thicker wire (lower gauge) and closer to the fuses.

notes: I tested the black wire in the overhead dome blue connector and noticed it has 12V when the door is closed and locked, but switches to 0V when the door is opened. Basically, I am looking for the wire after the dome's relay.

Thanks a bunch!

Last edited by darkmwar1; 01-19-2017 at 09:49 AM.