Notices
Scion tC 2G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Farid tC2 TRD Exhaust + CNT midpipe (Review + Pics + Vid inside)

Old 07-20-2016, 07:41 PM
5 Year Member

Default Farid tC2 TRD Exhaust + CNT midpipe (Review + Pics + Vid inside)

Hey guys i ordered my CNT Midpipe through ERZ Performance and they were very fast especially loving in Canada it was very quick got it within a week,
originally i had ordered the Megan racing midpipe but its been back ordered for a long time ERZ recommended the CNT which they had in stock, I finally got it today and had it installed and what a difference

The CNT midpipe came with all the gaskets and bolts but i ended up using my factory bolts etc except for the gaskets.

The fit and finish of the midpipe is fantastic welds look good and had no issue fitting it along with my TRD axleback, it looks like it came factory with the TRD exhaust, sound is definitely much louder than just the TRD axleback itself,
no rasp but very throaty and deep a little bit of a drone in the 2500-3500rpm but being stick i can always change my gear to reduce the drone, but apart from that its perfect sounding paired up with the TRD intake I haven't lost any
low end power but time will tell once its fully broken in etc, will prolly become a bit quieter and deeper etc, has a nice rumble almost WRX'ish sound very pleased with it.

I cannot imagine how obnoxiously loud it would be with a downpipe and headers! This truly amplifies the TRD axleback and i think its a perfect combination and looks factory and Sleek would highly recommend!!

I will take another vid once its finally broken in or so but here is the initial pics/vid

Midpipe itself with the hardware:

Name:  F9C3ADE0-B81E-4D1E-A3AB-1D87A30AC45D_zps6evuvjxk.jpg
Views: 746
Size:  438.9 KB

Before with TRD Axleback:

Name:  B7602283-35DB-4F36-B55B-62F468BCFC9F_zpsk2n5dmik.jpg
Views: 726
Size:  273.5 KB

After with TRD Axleback and CNT Midpipe:

Name:  2D6F7177-8F4A-4A22-8938-A250D2BCEA5C_zpsaaxctoro.jpg
Views: 1262
Size:  293.0 KB

Engine bay: with TRD intake, TRD strut bar, TRD Oilcap:

Name:  8D278E3D-3E45-4320-9B65-EBE4D5B92A69_zpsitz4lfof.jpg
Views: 800
Size:  311.6 KB

Here is a Vid of just the TRD axleback, stock midpipe with TRD Intake:

Vid with TRD axleback, CNT Midpipe, TRD Intake: (not broken in yet)

Last edited by MR_LUV; 10-29-2017 at 09:05 AM. Reason: typos
Old 07-21-2016, 05:49 PM
5 Year Member

Another vid of the exhaust and midpipe sound is getting better already!!
Old 07-22-2016, 01:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'd like to hear a it while driving, from inside and outside the car. Exhaust notes always sound different under load, usually better at that.

But that being said, it doesn't sound much different than mine at neutral rev. I run the CNT midpipe, K&N filter on OEM air box, and OEM axle back. But the CNT midpipe is nice purchase for sure. The only down side seemed to be loosing some low-end torque. Car didn't have that same grunt it did just pulling from a near stop in 2nd gear. Not a bad thing though because it felt like it picked up after about 3K RPMs.
Old 07-22-2016, 04:59 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by stenger
I'd like to hear a it while driving, from inside and outside the car. Exhaust notes always sound different under load, usually better at that.

But that being said, it doesn't sound much different than mine at neutral rev. I run the CNT midpipe, K&N filter on OEM air box, and OEM axle back. But the CNT midpipe is nice purchase for sure. The only down side seemed to be loosing some low-end torque. Car didn't have that same grunt it did just pulling from a near stop in 2nd gear. Not a bad thing though because it felt like it picked up after about 3K RPMs.

I have only had it for a few days havent noticed any loss or gain to be honest, i think thats more in the mind of the driver, the fains etc are way too minimal, if it was more like 100whp then different story, its more for aound wither way, if i want power it would be boosting the tc which will happen
Old 07-22-2016, 10:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I do a lot of backroad driving. KY has a lot of rolling hills so, it's really a good testing bed, and I have noticed a small drop in the low end pull. But around mid-range where all the torque really comes to life, the car feels better.

But usually when you open up any exhaust, you'll loose a little on the low end, but make up much more on the high end.