Scion tC 2G Owners Lounge
2011-____ [ANT20]

Finally Yellow Foglights! Tc2015

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 11:02 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Finally Yellow Foglights! Tc2015

So i had my time to put these. All worth it. My eyes love it! Will be changing to HID soon.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/aajbbxmvm...-aeXVv6gNXqRpa

Old 12-19-2014, 08:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm a fan of yellow lights, but you should disconnect or tint the lens on the running lights above the fogs.
Old 12-19-2014, 10:47 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by stenger
I'm a fan of yellow lights, but you should disconnect or tint the lens on the running lights above the fogs.
Im thinking of disconnecting it and plasti dipped it black but if tint what color? Isnt it too much if ill tint it yellow also?
Old 12-19-2014, 07:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'd say not. I've been debating on tinting mine amber or yellow. (I don't have fogs though).

I changed my driving lights to amber so that it when the turn signal flashes you don't have a amber light flashing next to a small solid white light.
Old 01-11-2015, 01:22 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Did you do this install yourself? If so, when wiring the fogs in, when did you set them to actively turn on?
Old 01-11-2015, 02:21 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionDP
Did you do this install yourself? If so, when wiring the fogs in, when did you set them to actively turn on?
Wired them with the park light. But it still has a switch if want to turn them off with the park light and headlights on.
Old 01-11-2015, 03:26 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jaspercanda
Wired them with the park light. But it still has a switch if want to turn them off with the park light and headlights on.
oh okay, that's mainly what I was trying to get at. If there was a way to manually turn them off. I quickly skimmed through the install because its a long term future project. Also I drive manual and would have to figure out if the wiring would be different.. Most likely.
Old 01-12-2015, 02:31 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh okay, that's mainly what I was trying to get at. If there was a way to manually turn them off. I quickly skimmed through the install because its a long term future project. Also I drive manual and would have to figure out if the wiring would be different.. Most likely.
Just get the OEM fog kit. You'll be fine. Everything will be just plug and play. with wirings i think its just the same? I think so. Anyway, goodluck.yellow fogs are awesome just need to put HIDs to make them brighter.
Old 01-12-2015, 03:57 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jaspercanda
Just get the OEM fog kit. You'll be fine. Everything will be just plug and play. with wirings i think its just the same? I think so. Anyway, goodluck.yellow fogs are awesome just need to put HIDs to make them brighter.
That's a good point, I'm planning on getting most of my mods by means of TRD OEM made. For fogs being HIDs, would you need a ballast? and post a pic when you get them HID please, curious on how they would look. When I do mine, I'll probably keep em yellow only because its made in that specific colour and brightness to penetrates fog the most out of any other ones.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:47 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's a good point, I'm planning on getting most of my mods by means of TRD OEM made. For fogs being HIDs, would you need a ballast? and post a pic when you get them HID please, curious on how they would look. When I do mine, I'll probably keep em yellow only because its made in that specific colour and brightness to penetrates fog the most out of any other ones.
Yes, it will need a ballast. Sure thing. Maybe next month when i have time.