Go Back   Scionlife.com » Scion tC Second Gen » Scion tC 2G Owners Lounge
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


Scion tC 2G Owners Lounge
2011-____ [ANT20]

Reply
 
 
 
Old 06-29-2012, 02:08 PM   #1
Senior Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
 
StatuSCheckA's Avatar
StatuSCheckA 29/M

 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Temple, TX 254
iTrader: (1)
Default Looing to Update. Any rumors on 2013 models?...

So do these cars come out every October or so? I remember the night I took my 2006 out for delivery on October 2005 fresh off a truck.
I am looking to do an upgrade (hopefully i get a fair trade-in.) My lot says they can get me a manual transmission. But I'd hate to buy a car when a new model is coming out in 4 months or so.

Like people who buy an iPhone not knowing that a brand new one will be out soon after

I just want to be in the know. And rumors to any tweaks that may come with it. Scion seems to be the only Toyota that does not come with a touch screen inside. (I guess it is a cheap car tho). I'd so rather pay for a tC than a Civic even with all the bells and whistles. But an Si with a 2.4L I'd drive
Thanks fellas.
StatuSCheckA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:33 PM   #2
Junior Member
richy4evaplayin 24/M
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Morgan City, Lousiana
iTrader: (0)
Default

Scion has updated their website, but I don't see any changes at all besides the price. From what I hear the CD player is different. And this could possibly be the year of the Release Series 8.0. Word on the street is that it's going to some type of red, so as far as rumors go, that's all I have.
richy4evaplayin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:22 PM   #3
Senior Member
SL Member
Happy Birthday!
FreedomPenguin 24
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
iTrader: (0)
Default

Google bespoke premium radio
That's the change:
FreedomPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:46 PM   #4
Junior Member
richy4evaplayin 24/M
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Morgan City, Lousiana
iTrader: (0)
Default

The Bespoke Premium Audio System cost an extra $845. So if he's looking to buy it stock without any extra customization I think it's the same Pioneer Bluetooth Audio system that came with the 2012 model. But I do like some of the new accessories they offer now. For instance the TRD alloy wheels.
richy4evaplayin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:08 PM   #5
Member
SL Member
808_TC2 25/M

 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Hawaii
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatuSCheckA View Post

Like people who buy an iPhone not knowing that a brand new one will be out soon after
Happend to me lol
808_TC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:24 PM   #6
Senior Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
 
StatuSCheckA's Avatar
StatuSCheckA 29/M

 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Temple, TX 254
iTrader: (1)
Default

I do want that upgraded head unit. I'd pay extra for it. But if it however is not included i'll buy it off TRD Sparks. I'm buying this one pretty stock and equip it myself. I've developed a ton of DIY skills thanks to my easy to work on tC and this forum.
I may take a drive to killeen and look at one in person, the dealer already said they have no manuals instock, but i want to sit inside one. I only sat inside one time.
The first time I saw the outside I was like 'neato'. Then I saw it again and I hated it. Then saw one on the street and liked it enough.

An SI or Hundai Gen Coupe were my only other possibilities. This will be my last 2-door car though. Need to plan for kiddos one of these days.

I will do side-research to see if any of my current mods will work with the tC2.

PS If there is a MOD can he/she please correct my typo in my title.
StatuSCheckA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:19 PM   #7
Senior Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
 
StatuSCheckA's Avatar
StatuSCheckA 29/M

 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Temple, TX 254
iTrader: (1)
Default

Dang it my search is not working. Its such a noob question too.
Will my TC1 CAI fit on the TC2? They look closely the same. What about some modifications?
StatuSCheckA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:11 AM   #8
Senior Member
SL Member
 
noskatehate22's Avatar
noskatehate22 24/M

 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Maplewood, MN
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatuSCheckA View Post
I do want that upgraded head unit. I'd pay extra for it. But if it however is not included i'll buy it off TRD Sparks. I'm buying this one pretty stock and equip it myself. I've developed a ton of DIY skills thanks to my easy to work on tC and this forum.
I may take a drive to killeen and look at one in person, the dealer already said they have no manuals instock, but i want to sit inside one. I only sat inside one time.
The first time I saw the outside I was like 'neato'. Then I saw it again and I hated it. Then saw one on the street and liked it enough.

An SI or Hundai Gen Coupe were my only other possibilities. This will be my last 2-door car though. Need to plan for kiddos one of these days.

I will do side-research to see if any of my current mods will work with the tC2.

PS If there is a MOD can he/she please correct my typo in my title.
Hey man, I'm stationed at Hood, so maybe you can come take a look at mine tonight at the little car meet thing at Hastings around 9ish.
__________________
I have a car with things and stuff. TRD-Tanabe-K&N-Ksport-Password:JDM-Dezod-Pioneer-XXR-Continental-WC Lathe Werks-Hardrace
noskatehate22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:24 AM   #9
Junior Member
 
tbasmnsports's Avatar
tbasmnsports 21

 
Join Date: Nov 2011
iTrader: (0)
Default

the 2013 tc looks to be up on the website as I can't see anything other then the price going up.
http://www.scion.com/cars/tC/
tbasmnsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:38 PM   #10
Senior Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
 
StatuSCheckA's Avatar
StatuSCheckA 29/M

 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Temple, TX 254
iTrader: (1)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noskatehate22 View Post
Hey man, I'm stationed at Hood, so maybe you can come take a look at mine tonight at the little car meet thing at Hastings around 9ish.
Hey thanks partner, I didnt read the posts last night otherwise I probably could have went.
StatuSCheckA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 02:18 PM   #11
Senior Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
 
StatuSCheckA's Avatar
StatuSCheckA 29/M

 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Temple, TX 254
iTrader: (1)
Default

So some 2013's are starting to roll out? I'm supposed to test drive one after seeing 2013 models on some Scion dealer websites. Seems a bit early for a 2013 to come out. I'll post the results if the sales person still wants to meet me today.
StatuSCheckA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 02:18 PM
Scionlife.com
Scion TC



Paid Advertisement
 
 
 
Reply


Tags
2013, 80, forum, mods, rs, rumor, rumors, scion, tc, xb


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 12:44 PM.
Advertising - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Jobs
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.


Forums Backup with Admin Control Panel