Notices
Scion tC 2G Owners Lounge
2011-____ [ANT20]

should your engine be hot after driving

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 11:54 PM
5 Year Member

Default should your engine be hot after driving

I've just notice after I drive my car and park it and pop my hood the engine is hot NO CHECK ENGINE SIGNS OR HIGH TEMPERTURE lights come on I just think im just being cautious its probably normal since the car is making energy when running and sometimes I rev my rpm to 4k at the most that might ad more stress to it also im also getting the dezod turbo kit in may of next year and with more power the engine will under more stress maybe not bad stress but just more power if anyone can help me on this it would help. THANKS
Old 12-19-2014, 12:39 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

If your wondering if an engine should be hot after running you should not buy a turbo kit. Is this a serious question ?
Old 12-19-2014, 02:36 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by HOODedDutchman
If your wondering if an engine should be hot after running you should not buy a turbo kit. Is this a serious question ?
Its not that the engine is over heating I just popped the hood 3 days ago and felt the engine and it was hot not extremely hot just warm I've never check it on any of my other cars I was just curious that's all and yes I'm still gonna turbo my tc
Old 12-19-2014, 03:00 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just saying if u know this little about cars then turbo is bad idea.
Old 12-19-2014, 03:25 PM
5 Year Member

Just saying if u know this little about cars then turbo is bad idea.
Thanks i understand I'm learning as I go this is my first new car thats why I asked about the heating issue I know there's really nothin wrong I had my 15 thousand mile check up on my car 2 weeks ago and everything was perfect like I said I was just wondering I know if you run your car the engine is gonna get warm that's all and I've been talking to turbokits.com and they said tc were fun cars to turbo I'm looking for more power out of my tc that's the reason why I asked about the heating I just wanted other peoples opinions. THANKS
Old 12-19-2014, 03:29 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Lol turbokits.com doesn't even have a turbo kit for tc2...
Old 12-19-2014, 03:39 PM
5 Year Member

Lol turbokits.com doesn't even have a turbo kit for tc2...
The hell do you mean they sell the dezod (dzm) turbo kit for 2011+ tc I was just on their website turbokits.com look it up
Old 12-19-2014, 04:10 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Description says 2azfe. Not very efficient website aparently.

My bad didn't go to product page just read description on list page which is misleading. Rather buy directly from dezod.
Old 12-19-2014, 04:22 PM
5 Year Member

Description says 2azfe. Not very efficient website aparently.

My bad didn't go to product page just read description on list page which is misleading. Rather buy directly from dezod.
It's all good ya I'm gonna buy it straight from dezod next may free shipping lol thanks for the advice tho
Old 12-19-2014, 09:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree with hooded. If you werent aware that engines warm up than you have no business trying to maintain an aftermarket turbo. Where exactly did you think the heat in your car came from your entire life? Lol.
Old 12-24-2014, 06:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This thread scares me.
Old 12-24-2014, 10:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

An engine's normal operating temperatures span from roughly 170F-210F, depending on application. So yes, any engine is going to be hot after driving. By this I mean hot under the hood and freaking hot to the touch.
Old 01-03-2015, 05:50 PM
5 Year Member

LMAO!!!! you sure we aint getting trolled??
Old 01-06-2015, 01:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have Infrared Thermometer at my house. Will take three different measurements when I get home and post..

Maybe he is paranoid because we don't have a water temp gauge. I have one and know the water temp should be 175-205 F.
Old 01-10-2015, 04:16 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

You really need to do some research on cars in general. I don't mean this in a bad way, but if you get a turbo you need to know which gauges you need and what to look for to maintain a healthy turbo/engine. If your concern now is engine heat... you really need to hold off on getting a turbo.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:49 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by greytc
I've just notice after I drive my car and park it and pop my hood the engine is hot NO CHECK ENGINE SIGNS OR HIGH TEMPERTURE lights come on I just think im just being cautious its probably normal since the car is making energy when running and sometimes I rev my rpm to 4k at the most that might ad more stress to it also im also getting the dezod turbo kit in may of next year and with more power the engine will under more stress maybe not bad stress but just more power if anyone can help me on this it would help. THANKS

You really should consider holding off on the turbo. Boosted cars require quite a bit of maintenance, and understanding to run well. I would highly recommend playing around with some simple mods to get familiar with the car and tuning in general.

Beginners guide to tuning | HKS
Simple nomenclature to get familiar with then just go meet people to start learning, it's what we all had to do.

Good luck. Just remember, if you're car makes you happy and you're having fun then you're doing it right.