Notices
Scion tC 2G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Creaking after alignment with BC Racing BR Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 05:48 PM
SL Member

Default Creaking after alignment with BC Racing BR Coilovers

NOTE: Keep in mind, I had no noises when I installed my coilovers without an alignment.

So on Saturday, October 22, 2016, I got an alignment from the Toyota dealership. Today is Wednesday, October 26. After I got out of the dealership, I had squeaking, but I figured it was because my coilovers needed to settle. Eventually the squeaking went away, but I still have creaking on my front area. The noise is identical to a wooden ship noise. I'm not sure if I should bring it back to the dealership for them to check it out because I think they will source the problem to my coilovers, thus voiding my warranty. Do you think it will void my warranty? Should I bring my vehicle back the dealership? Should I give my coilovers more time to settle down? Sometimes there is no creaking, but a lot of the times there is creaking and will get worse and then calm down.

I have a '14 tC with about 17,500 miles on the clock.

Thanks!

EDIT: I lowered my car to about 1.5 front 1.8 rear.

Info I forgot to add:
-Installed coilovers Friday and then aligned a day after.
-Sometimes creaking, sometimes no creaking, sometimes very quiet creaking.

I'll make sure to post updates about my experience every now and then.

UPDATE: No creaking sounds on the 27th. I'm thinking it's either because of the slightly colder weather and/or it just needed to settle down more.

UPDATE 2: Now I'm having quiet clicking sounds on my front left area. 28th. Maybe it's a worn bushing? I'm doubtful on that considering the car only has 17500 miles.

Last edited by xTheGoldenArrow; 10-28-2016 at 04:25 PM.