Notices
Scion tC 2G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Lowering Help!!! PLEASE!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2016, 01:22 AM

Default Lowering Help!!! PLEASE!!

So I'm looking to get some lowering springs on my TC2... The ones I have my eye on are Megan Racing springs; 1.4" drop... I just looked at my car with a mechanic friend of mine and he had a few concerns... The first is rubbing. I really don't want my wheels to rub at all but I cant find any reviews on them. How low have you dropped yours and do you have rubbing? I am running on the stock 18" rims and 225/45R18 tires. I was hoping to not need any other parts but the springs, but if I need other parts to ensure me not rubbing, please let me know!

Thanks!
Old 10-06-2016, 01:44 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cbaker23
So I'm looking to get some lowering springs on my TC2... The ones I have my eye on are Megan Racing springs; 1.4" drop... I just looked at my car with a mechanic friend of mine and he had a few concerns... The first is rubbing. I really don't want my wheels to rub at all but I cant find any reviews on them. How low have you dropped yours and do you have rubbing? I am running on the stock 18" rims and 225/45R18 tires. I was hoping to not need any other parts but the springs, but if I need other parts to ensure me not rubbing, please let me know!

Thanks!
They will not rub. There will still be a little gap so they wont. I ran the Tien S kit on my 2012 and they drop the car lower than the megan springs and I never rubbed once. The only problem I had with them was that the tsudo exhaust I had on my 2012 hung really low so it would scrape leaving my girlfriends driveway which had a massive lip or over certain speed bumps but nope they will not rub your tires.
Old 10-07-2016, 07:01 AM
Administrator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Administrator

I can tell you that my 2015 RS9 comes with TRD Lowering Springs which drop the car 1" all the way around. It has 18" rims and 225/45R18 tires.
There is no rubbing at all. It looks OK to take another .4" drop with the
Megan Springs.

Here are Additional Resources on another tC site on Megan Springs:

https://clubsciontc.com/forums/searc...=thread_titles

DIY Step by Step w/pics and with Tools needed:

Club Scion tC - Forums - DIY: Lowering Springs Install

To get an idea on what's involved w/Megan Springs install

Video on Tein S-tech Springs tC Install:

Hope this Helps,

=MR LUV

Old 10-07-2016, 05:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I recommend TRD only. They are the only spring designed to fit the car 100%. also they come with properly sized bump stops, so there is no cutting, or any other "one size fits all" crap to deal with. The ride is slightly harsher than stock, but it corners and handles bumps, lips, potholes, and speed bumps like a boss. My bumper is exactly 6" off the ground with them, and I couldn't imagine going any lower. Also they wont put excessive wear on your shocks, struts, and CV joints like aftermarket. TRD > everything else if its a daily driver in my opinion