Notices
Scion tC 2G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Poping noise when turning

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 04:46 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Poping noise when turning

Hey guys i need some help

I installed brand new BC Racing coilovers last year and they were installed properly however this past weekend i got an alignment done because i got new wheels and tires and of course needed one

The Alignment tech guy tried dialing in as much as possible however once he was done he was stating that when turning left the car will want to go left and when turning right the car will want to go right

But he also stated that when turning the wheel the car makes a poping noise and said it was the either the plate or the bearing in the pillowball area is shot or just needs to be greased

when i got to the house i had my wife turn the stearing wheel and i could feel the poping on the driver side strut area which was faint but not on the passenger area. The next day i went out and lifted the front left while 3 wheels were touching the ground and greased the pillowball area and could still hear poping when stearing while the car is up

I did however feel the stearing shaft that goes through the floorboard and floorboard itself and turned the stearing wheel and can feel the poping strongly

would this have something to do with the stearing rack needing to be greased or replaced or is something hitting it?

The car is not slammed or anything it just has like a 1.3 drop in front and like a 1.6 in the back, i did however hit and ran a coyote over which could have caused it but not sure, but i did realize the noise was occurring when i had lowering springs as well

Last edited by Renike; 06-08-2016 at 05:30 PM.