Notices

How to Disable TPMS light?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 04:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I bought 4 TMPS from ebay for $50, had it installed, but the car doesn't seem to recognize it! any ideas? Now I just have em in the wheel useless with the enoying light still...
Old 04-16-2011, 02:33 PM
Banned
SL Member

Did you jot down the ID on each TPMS?

You need that 7 character ID to input into your ECU...
Old 04-16-2011, 02:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 2tCornot2tC
Did you jot down the ID on each TPMS?

You need that 7 character ID to input into your ECU...
Nope I didn't crap, did many research before I bought it, no one mention about that! grrr..... so is it really that I need to get those 7 digit code and update on the ECU? I had my buddy with is 8k snap on computer trying to get it work, but he didn't know about entering the 7digit into the ECU for it to recognize, but i was looking at wat's trying to do too doesn't seem there's an option to enter the digits for the sensor.

do you know how much this gonna cost to have the shop take the wheel apart to get the 7digit # and input it into the ECU? thanks..
Old 04-16-2011, 04:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There is a thread about having two sets of wheels and TPMS sensors that I would look for the link and cross reference but it's a pain on my phone. Anyways one member mentioned that it can only be done at a dealership for what I recall to have been around $100. Now, I don't remember if he had the TPMS serial written down and given to the dealership or they had to take the tires off and look...
Old 04-16-2011, 04:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by XPRTc
There is a thread about having two sets of wheels and TPMS sensors that I would look for the link and cross reference but it's a pain on my phone. Anyways one member mentioned that it can only be done at a dealership for what I recall to have been around $100. Now, I don't remember if he had the TPMS serial written down and given to the dealership or they had to take the tires off and look...
Thanks for the inputs, I guess I'm gonna wait till my next tires replacement which is soon, then I'll have it check out. Also will it required to have all four wheel sensor to work in order to get the light off? because I've read about the TPMS Bomb, they only make one Bomb to get it off right?
Old 04-16-2011, 04:49 PM
Banned
SL Member

You need all 4 IDs...all 4 need to be inputted into the ECU. The Toyota/Scion dealer closest to me chares $90 for a diagnostics...that is what they said they wanted to input the ID numbers...I had all 4 written down when I went to the dealer. I told them to f(abulous)-off because I would have to do that at least twice a year. Once for my snow tires and again for the rest of the year tires. Dismounting the tire is about $12 each in my area...read the ID and re-mount the tire...fun!
Old 04-16-2011, 06:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 2tCornot2tC
You need all 4 IDs...all 4 need to be inputted into the ECU. The Toyota/Scion dealer closest to me chares $90 for a diagnostics...that is what they said they wanted to input the ID numbers...I had all 4 written down when I went to the dealer. I told them to f(abulous)-off because I would have to do that at least twice a year. Once for my snow tires and again for the rest of the year tires. Dismounting the tire is about $12 each in my area...read the ID and re-mount the tire...fun!
Solid clarification! Thank you! And, it was your thread that I was referencing now that I searched for it from my phone haha.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...ht=sets+wheels