Notices

Question about Tire Size

Old 11-16-2016, 03:55 AM

Default Question about Tire Size

I have a 2012 Scion TC and so does a buddy of mine. He just recently purchased his and they came with these tires. 245/45/18 on stock rims. I rode in his when he first got it and it is so much quieter and smoother than mine has ever been. I have the stock tire size on mine. I've read several forums on here and they have all stated that even 240's are too wide for the stock rim, yet 245s are on his just fine and when I drove his it didn't rub or anything. My question is (he lives in another state now so I cannot look) but to have these tire sizes on the stock rims require any mods at all? Am I going to be sacrificing something in the long run or any damage? He is not knowledgeable on cars at all so I really can't ask him to look. I would love to get these tires, but I am not sure if the person that owned it before him did anything special to get these tires to fit on the car.
Attached Thumbnails Question about Tire Size-20160503_203135.jpg   Question about Tire Size-20160503_203145.jpg  
Old 11-17-2016, 02:41 AM
Administrator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Administrator

They will fit on Stock Rims, but you will have a Speedo Error of -2.66%
Anytime you Deviate from Recommended Sizes you will have Speedo Errors depending on size.

Search this Thread