Notices
Scion xA Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...
View Poll Results: What do you think of the 2006 exterior changes?
Make it look better.
47.50%
Make it look worse.
37.50%
Doesn't look different to me.
5.63%
I couldn't care less.
9.38%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

xA Front/Rear changes 2005 vs. 2006 - A visual comparison

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 05:29 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: I don't know...

Originally Posted by xaPierre
...OTOH I might still be interested in snagging a RS 1.0. I love that red-but there's really no RS 1.0's to be found. Anybody ever seen a used RS 1.0 for sale?
I had pretty much resigned myself to go look for a used RS 1.0 with low miles until someone on this board found me a brand spanking new RS 1.0 at Claremont Scion. And this was just a month ago.

CrimsonO2
RS 1.0 #1530 of 1550
Old 07-22-2005, 05:20 PM
5 Year Member

Thank goodness I got my 05 when I did! I was a little upset when i heard the 06 was coming soon, but now that I see it I am glad I'm getting an 05! The only thing I like about the 06 is the turn signals on the mirrors, and that is it!!! The 06 doesn't look nearly as sporty as the 05. They are also getting rid of the phantom grey pearl and the black cherry pearl. That is stupid!
Old 07-22-2005, 05:56 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Michelle8300
They are also getting rid of the phantom grey pearl and the black cherry pearl. That is stupid!
Yeah, those are only the 2 best colors!
Old 07-22-2005, 06:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thank goodness I got my 05 when I did! I was a little upset when i heard the 06 was coming soon, but now that I see it I am glad I'm getting an 05! The only thing I like about the 06 is the turn signals on the mirrors, and that is it!!! The 06 doesn't look nearly as sporty as the 05. They are also getting rid of the phantom grey pearl and the black cherry pearl. That is stupid!
First of all take another look at the front, your saying that the 05's lower grill is sportyer than the 06' lower grill/bodykit??? Second of all your saying that you only like the turn signals....so you don't want steering wheel controls, better seat fabric, new gauges, Newer Stereo, and less plastic (ie, sideskirt)? At my first look at the 06 I agreed with you all that the 05 looks better and voted for the 05 but after seeing more pictures of the 06 and getting used to it, the only thing I DON'T like about it is the rear taillights and rear bumper and MAYBE the grill (I'd have to see it in person to have a final opinion).

I can't wait to see pics of it in IIP, BSP, Salsa Red, I think it's gonna look really good.
Old 07-22-2005, 06:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think it looks much better all around
Old 07-22-2005, 06:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

U guys are gonna get Flint Mica instead of PGP
Old 07-22-2005, 06:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bBlover
U guys are gonna get Flint Mica instead of PGP
Exacley... Flint Mica is instead of Phantom Grey Pearl and Salsa Red instead of Black Cherry Pearl, I think both of the new colors look better than what they are replacing.
Old 07-22-2005, 08:26 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by iyzmi
First of all take another look at the front, your saying that the 05's lower grill is sportyer than the 06' lower grill/bodykit??? Second of all your saying that you only like the turn signals....so you don't want steering wheel controls, better seat fabric, new gauges, Newer Stereo, and less plastic (ie, sideskirt)? At my first look at the 06 I agreed with you all that the 05 looks better and voted for the 05 but after seeing more pictures of the 06 and getting used to it, the only thing I DON'T like about it is the rear taillights and rear bumper and MAYBE the grill (I'd have to see it in person to have a final opinion).

I can't wait to see pics of it in IIP, BSP, Salsa Red, I think it's gonna look really good.
Actually yes, i'd rather have the old upper and lower grill than the new ones. I really don't like the new upper grill, and that makes the most difference to me. The wheel controls make no difference, my fiance has had his Infiniti G35 for a year now, and he NEVER uses those wheel controls. I can reach a few more inches over to control the stereo. I like the old gauges better, and the old choices for hub caps. I don't think the new seat fabric makes a difference to me. It would be cool to have a new stereo though. So I am sticking with my origional opinion, and I like the 05's better! It's the overall outer appearance of the car that attracts my attention, not the interior.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

It is all about safety in having the steering wheel controls. SO that you can keep your eyes on the road instead of messing with your stereo.
Old 07-23-2005, 07:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Glad we just bought the '05. Styling changes are all crap.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I like the front of the 06, the side moldings should be optional as monochromatic, and the rear should have been left alone... Just my $.02
Old 01-06-2006, 06:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I like the way my 06 looks. But I would have changed the front bumper a little bit. But the Ipod connection and the steering wheel controls make up for the other.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

ditto just wish the body kits would fit our 06's
Old 02-20-2006, 06:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i like my 06 design alot better than the 05 stlye the rear is kinda bleh but whatever. i do like the revamped front it opens it up so much more everyone i've talked to said the front looks much more agressive than the 05 which kind of blend into a one piece style. the limited edition grills would look better in the 06 i'll admit but i didn't like that 3 bar one in the 05's. matching side skirts are nice. most people who have the 05 models and back have been doing some painting it seems to match them all up. the blinkers are very much so upscaled for a car that cost this much. lexus and acura use them. nothing wrong with trying to give a cheap car some lexus appeal in my view.
Old 03-23-2006, 10:34 AM
5 Year Member

I really like the changes to the 06'
I think the front grille looks cool.
I will change the rear tail light to the Euro look.
the addition of the turn signals on the side view mirrors adds a Euro upgraded look.
Iam looking for a carbon fiber front grille
Old 04-15-2006, 08:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

i put my new 06 next to an 05 rs1 and the only thing id want is that damn grill liek evryone else. i like how scion changed the side skirts it just makes the car more well rounded with everything matching. with the rear i like the lines of the 05 but id want the black color keyed to the rest of the car. the new rear light i love the earlier ones just seemed too boring to me. thats my 2 centzzzz
Old 05-12-2006, 03:20 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Overall ,all Scions r great in each way.I think it would b really cool if they made a hybrid Scion .Let's say,a price tag starting at 15 grand.That would b really revolutionary.Also a nore aerodynamic Scion Xa getting normally 45 mpg without mods .
Old 05-12-2006, 04:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Personally, I think the '06 looks better. It has a smoother overall look to it, while I personally think the '04/'05 looks... well, dorky.

The rear side signal delete cleans up the rear end, I think the tails look cleaner, and the painted door sills are a BIG improvement. The front end has a more aggressive look to it now. The steering wheel controls are a nice feature as well.

I'm glad I went with a new '06 and not with a used/leftover '05.
Old 05-13-2006, 03:46 AM
5 Year Member

Can someone either link me or repost the comparision pics?
Old 05-19-2006, 12:56 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, i just bought a 06 for the wife, she loves it. me i'll stick to my xb.

Quick Reply: xA Front/Rear changes 2005 vs. 2006 - A visual comparison