Notices
Scion xA Owners Lounge
2004-2006.5 [NCP61]

AC PROBLEM (noob needs help)

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2015, 11:31 PM

Question AC PROBLEM (noob needs help)

I have the tools I just need help on what to do, I'm hoping its nothing to technical or expensive. I bought this car used, previous owner had installed a new "blower" for the A/C.

The recirculate air does not work, any idea as to how i can get it to work?

It's strange because when I am on the highway and my AC is in the OFF position, a lot of air comes out of the vents still, any ideas as to why? It sucks because if I'm behind a car or truck all of their exhaust makes its way into my car...so i have to switch the AC to blow only to the floor so that it doesn't hit me in the face. I REALLY want to get the recirculated air working.

There is also one other thing, temperature switch only goes this far.

It will not go to the right anymore than that. I have no idea why. It seems stuck and i don't want to force it all the way to the RED ZONE and end up breaking it...any ideas as to why this is happening? But I'm less concerned with this unless they two problems are somehow related.

Thank in advanced for any advice or help. I did some research and came across something called a "blend door" and "vacuum actuator" I have no clue if that's whats causing these problems.
Old 05-08-2015, 11:42 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you need a new cable for the temp control should cost you around 16 dollars from the dealer
Old 05-14-2015, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by jct
you need a new cable for the temp control should cost you around 16 dollars from the dealer
Thank you for the help. Can you tell me where it is located so that I can buy a new one a do it myself?
Old 05-15-2015, 08:17 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you need to pull the outter ***** off, remove the screws, remove the sliver trim pieces off the center area, remove said screws, unclip the wiring harness for the controls, remove the radio (for access purposes) if it's your first time doing this take your time look for hidden clips and such which they are in the open...
Old 05-18-2015, 10:05 PM

Default seems easy enough

Originally Posted by jct
you need to pull the outter ***** off, remove the screws, remove the sliver trim pieces off the center area, remove said screws, unclip the wiring harness for the controls, remove the radio (for access purposes) if it's your first time doing this take your time look for hidden clips and such which they are in the open...
Thank you!