Notices
Scion xA Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Rear Passenger Window Won't Roll Down

Old 09-30-2016, 03:37 PM

Default Rear Passenger Window Won't Roll Down

Last night, I was driving to a show with my friends and one of the backseat passengers was complaining that her window wouldn't roll down. I assumed I had the window lock on but I noticed it wasn't. The backseat window on the driver's side rolls down fine, it's just the back right passenger. I'm assuming this is a burnt out motor but figured I'd check here to see if this is something that happens with '05 xAs? Anyone know approximately how much something like that costs to repair? Obviously not an urgent issue but I'm sure my passengers would appreciate it. On the plus side, at least it's not stuck with the window down!

_____

Last edited by MR_LUV; 03-08-2020 at 09:12 PM.
Old 10-03-2016, 03:35 PM

I was going to take the car in this weekend for a look but I just couldn't get around to it. Luckily, this isn't an urgent issue but I still feel a bit out of sorts about it. Anyone know anything about this or should I just leave myself to the mercy of the mechanics? LOL
Old 01-08-2017, 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by SoCalCourier
I was going to take the car in this weekend for a look but I just couldn't get around to it. Luckily, this isn't an urgent issue but I still feel a bit out of sorts about it. Anyone know anything about this or should I just leave myself to the mercy of the mechanics? LOL

I'm not sure what you ended up doing, since this post is about 2 months old.
But apparently this is a glitch in the 2004-6 Scion xB's.

There is a factory issued 'fix'.
Believe it or not, when I bought my 2005 Scion xB back from my daughter about 1 month ago, this was an issue, and I fixed it using these instructions!
Seriously- I depressed the window button down, and open and shut the door quickly, and by the third 'shut', the window started working.
Apparently things like changing out the battery, etc., can require this reset.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/sn..._xb_window.pdf
Old 03-08-2020, 03:45 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Toaster543
I'm not sure what you ended up doing, since this post is about 2 months old.
But apparently this is a glitch in the 2004-6 Scion xB's.

There is a factory issued 'fix'.
Believe it or not, when I bought my 2005 Scion xB back from my daughter about 1 month ago, this was an issue, and I fixed it using these instructions!
Seriously- I depressed the window button down, and open and shut the door quickly, and by the third 'shut', the window started working.
Apparently things like changing out the battery, etc., can require this reset.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/sn..._xb_window.pdf
This is why I love car/truck forums.....my rr passenger window was not rolling down but could tell that both switches were trying based on volts when pressing either of them. Came across this slam door fix while pressing button in another thread so I had wife give it a slam this morning after returning home and dang if it didn't free it up and start working on first try. Works on it's own now just like it should. Diggin it!
Old 04-02-2020, 07:45 PM
SL Member

It is only two screws to take the door cover off if you decide to poke around inside. Just pull the plastic wrap off slowly or it'll rip.
Old 05-09-2020, 05:55 PM
SL Member

I know how to take the door panel off and get the plastic off that's gooped into place. No reason to at this point. Has worked flawlessly since the first slam thing. I do not fear taking anything apart when need be.